Chapter Five - The Hymns of the Wizards

What Little Autumn came to be after two years was far more different, than that little thief. At five years old, she restrained from going out of the house. She told Teeban that if she laid her eyes upon another pretty thing, she can never control herself from not getting it. She had nightmares that she will be eaten by those pretty things.

He blessed his granddaughter's wishes, however, he feared about the darkness. There is no problem with staying inside the house. In fact, he liked the idea that Autumn can't mingle with a single muggle. Yet, the darkness resides everywhere. He's afraid that Autumn would conceal herself from the outside world. The darkness will take chances to swarm on her.

Unless you're forgetting something, a little voice inside his head spoke. Darkness is already residing inside her.

"No. That's not true. We are filling her the light that she needs," he answered the little voice.

One light cannot defeat the darkness that will soon rise and take her, the little voice argued.

"One light can save her, even if it's the risk I have to take!" Teeban yelled.

"Gran-Gran?" Autumn's angelic face came peeping.

"Nothing dear. Gran-Gran is just having a bad day," Teeban covered up.

"Then let me tell you a story," Autumn offered. "Have you heard something about kings in their horses?"

Teeban, hands on his waist couldn't fathom that his granddaughter never ceases to amuse him. When once she desired of a doll, two years changed her. When most of the girls her age played tea parties, she spent an awful time in the attic. He didn't wish to keep the rest of magical history hidden from her (except for Hogwarts: A History).

 He kept legends and folklores covered in dust in shelves, until one day Autumn found them. At such a young age, she took interest on these things. Things like men speaking in a different verbatim, dragons and knights in their armors, wizards and their pointy hats, a forgotten civilization of dwarves and elves. These things that muggles refute to accept. She read every story whole heartedly.

"What about kings and their horses?" asked Teeban.

"Horses used to be the best friend of men before the dogs," said Autumn.

"Oh really? Tell me more dear," Teeban sat at the end of his bed listening.

"Horses keep Man Company."

"To where?"

"Everywhere Gran, to the fields, to the forests, and the mountains!" Autumn jumped with action of every place she mentioned.

"But what happened?" asked Teeban.

"Because of man's greed, they enslaved horses. But, the horses sacrificed themselves to the very end at a war in the land of the north, south, east, and the west," her face frowned in remorse.

"What's the matter Autumn? Are you sick?" Teeban baffled by her sudden reaction.

"No Gran. It's just that I pity the horses," Autumn scratched a mosquito bite.

Teeban proposed that she read the hymns of wizards. The Hymns is the testament of the wizarding community.

"What are in those hymns Gran?"

"The hymns contain songs and lullabies of hope," Teeban slightly pinched Autumn's pale cheeks.

Autumn left her grandfather and looked for the Hymns of the Wizards. Teeban recollected the days when his father sang one of the hymns written there. Not only did his father sing one of the hymns, he was the one to introduce to him the real meaning of being a wizard. He can still hear his father's exact words of ridicule when the wizarding world was divided by own beliefs. His father critiqued about the ideals that power was only bestowed within wizarding realm.