Chapter One - A Christmas Tale

It was their fiftth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The castle was enchanted with decorations of snowflakes dropping down from the ceiling. Aurice Bray was greeted by her dear friend Brenda Lockwood as she made her way to the Slytherin table. The headmaster gave his speech which all the students applauded for it was full of wisdom. She was not accustomed of the headmaster giving such speeches. Resting her chin on her palm, she listened passively though the headmaster's words resounded in her head.

"You are going back home for the Christmas Eve," said the headmaster. "May I remind you even if you will be taking your vacation, that does not mean that you are leaving these walls. Hogwarts, as you all may know is within each and every one of you."

By the end of his speech, the choir sang:

Merry jolly Christmas to one and all! Wonderful snow falling from the sky

Magical creatures sing with us! For this world is such a glorious nigh!

Oh let's sing, "Merry jolly Christmas!"

To the hippogriffs that fly...

And the frogs that croak lullabies...

Surely everyone will miss Hogwarts. Who wouldn't miss the moving paintings that welcomed them on their first year while a prefect leads them to their dormitories? Who wouldn't miss the ghosts floating around the grounds mnding their own business? Finally, who wouldn't miss the inviting atmosphere of the school where you never had a thought of leaving it?

Wonderful snow! Wonderful snow! Wizards and witch making angels!

Oh snow! More snow! Until all of us sneeze in the cold!

Here everyone sings, "Merry jolly Christmas to one and all!"

To the elves that sweep our floor...

To the goblins avarice but true too...

Oh, let's sing along!

In seven vocal ranges, the choir finished with:

Merry Jolly Christmas! Merry Jolly Christmas!

Oh Jolly Jolly Snow!

For five years of magical education, Aurice stayed at this place whence she regarded as a home. Somewhere a wizard or witch can truly develop themselves inside and out. She has changed over the past years from a spoiled eleven year old to a fifteen year old passionate young woman. A passion to learn whatever it is they have to learn inside the castle.

These thoughts linger down her mind while chewing a roasted chicken. She always love food, no matter how it was prepared for them. This is one of the factors she adore Hogwarts. Mainly, the unlimited supply of food, most likely, desserts. Her favourite is the oozing texture of jelly in various colours. She like the feeling of the jelly melting in her mouth.

"Aurice, you're eating like a pig," said Bridgette Warmfellow, a girl that completes the trio who belong to her set of friends.

Aurice rolled her eyes and continued leaking the back of the spoon because there's some taste of jelly left. Though the Slytherins were known to be well-mannered, properly primmed, and lastly, knows table etiquette, this doesn't fit her standards. For her, being a "pure-blood" shouldn't define who you are and who you should be. She'd rather be different from the rest. There, she caught Lucius Malfoy from afar staring at her.