Voting

After surviving the hell that was their game of Red Light, Green Light, the players are shown back to their bunk area. Everyone goes about trying to figure out why they are there and what is happened, but mostly, everyone is tired and traumatized. Sang-Woo and Opal sit on the floor between bunks with Gi-Hun and the man who saved him, player 199. With almost no energy left in her body Opal is leaning against Sang-Woo, her head on his shoulder, but he doesn't mind, even occasionally checking to make sure she's still okay and check over her face as gently as he can to make sure he didn't miss any cuts, scraps or bruises.

Gi-Hun is a bit confused as to by the American seems to be attached to his childhood friend, but chalks it up to being close outside of here. "Sang-Woo," he calls out to his old friend quietly, unsure whether or not the young woman laying against him has actually been able to fall asleep. "You helped me. Thank you."

Sang-Woo nods and turns his attention back to Opal, moving some loss strands of hair out of her face and as he does it becomes clear she isn't asleep. She gently wipes her cheek, where the man's blood had been, and looks to Sang-Woo, as if to ask him if it was all real? Sang-Woo gently rubs her cheek with his thumb, "it's okay."

Gi-Hun then looks to player 199, "you saved my life out there."

Opal nods looking over to player 199 as well, "that was amazing."

Player 199 shrugs, as if he is unaware of how almost super human his actions earlier were, "you're alive. That is what matters."

Before they can do or talking about anything else, an alarm buzzes and the doors at the far end of the room open, before the men in the red suits march in. As they enter the room everyone stands up, "you have all made it through the first game. Congratulations. You're moving on. I will now announce the results of the first game."

There is a small chime before a digital trilling, everyone watching as the number on the screen drops from 456 to 201. Opal gasps and turns back to Sang-Woo, hugging him and burying her face into his chest, "oh, my God." Sang-Woo wraps his arms around Opal, also in shock by the information he's taking in.

"Out of 456 players, 255 were eliminated and 201 players successfully completed the first game."

Everyone murmurs among themselves. It doesn't take long for a woman, player 212, steps in front of everyone, crying and pleading with the masked men, "mister, please. Listen, I'm so sorry. I swear I will pay what I owe. I'll do it, I'll pay it all." She drops to her knees and continues to cry, "please, sir. I have a child at home. So young, I need to register them, I still need to name my child, sir. Please, sir, let me leave." As she hears this Opal tightens her grip on Sang-Woo's jacket, if they don't let the mother of a new born child go, they will not let her go.

As she begs another woman, player 209, joins in, "sir, I'm begging you. Let me leave and I swear I'll find a way to pay it all. Let me go home."

Then another woman, player 73, crawls forward, "me too. I can't keep going. Sir, please, I can't go on."

Player after player joins the group of woman, bowing their heads and pleading with their captors to let them go. Many of the players, however, choose to keep their dignity and refuse to plead and beg. The man with the square on his mask looks around, "there seems to be a misunderstanding. We are not trying to hurt you or collect your debts. Let me remind you that we're here to give you a chance."

"A chance?" Player 119 calls out in disbelief, "we play some kids games. And you shoot us. You want me to choose that? That's some chance."

Player 271 then calls out, "we may be in debt, sir... but that doesn't justify killing us all."