01. 𝔦𝔫𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔡𝔲𝔠𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫

A girl with long blonde curls stepped down from the bus steps, gripping tightly at her backpack straps. She breathed heavily, spinning on her feet to look at the bus. Her smile was wide, sporting her two missing front teeth as she waved incessantly towards the pair of grinning girls in the fourth seat down.

"Bye!" She said, her voice coming out in a gentle chirp as the buses door closed.

Just like everyday, the girl stood and watched as the bus drove down the road, being sure to wait until no one and nothing was in sight until she swivelled around to look at her house.

A pair of blue eyes met hers, gloved fingers fiddling with the white lace of the slightly drawn curtains. Their eyes widened, the person jolting out of the way of the window, the curtains swiftly flittering shut.

Grasping her backpack straps even tighter, the girls smile widened and she skipped towards the door.

As she ran in the house, being sure to lock the door, she yelled out the name of the figure.

What...

What is it again?

B... B... It was a B, wasn't it?

Or was it a V?

The sound of a door opening snapped the boy out of his thoughts. His eyes broadened, shoving the crayons and his drawing under his pillow and shoving his legs under the sheets of his bed.

"Ten?" Dr Brenner's voice caused him to look up.

"Papa?" The boy croaked out, swallowing hard.

The mans eyes fell down to his left arm and he stepped towards him, extending a hand out towards him. The boy flinched away, backing up slightly out of pure instinct, "No, it's okay. I won't hurt you."

Not waiting for another reaction from Ten, the doctors fingers gently curled around his wrist as he took a kneel beside his bed. He grabbed the free end of the bandage on his arm, slowly unraveling it.

Ten hissed, his teeth gritting as the bandage gradually tore off of his charred skin. A palm sized burn was permeated into his skin, bubbling and blistering at the edges.

The boys eyes squeezed tight, letting out a small cry as a finger ghosted over the burn.

Suddenly, he shoved the man away, tears glistening in his eyes and his gloved hands balling at his sides.

Clarity abruptly rippled through his body and Ten let out a gasp, his eyes broadened to the sizes of saucers. The man looked nearly as flabbergasted as he did, that was until shock morphed into unadulterated rage.

Ten's shoulders tensed, his jaw wrenching open as Papa's lips thinned into a disappointed frown. He snatched the walkie talkie from his pocket, raising it up to his mouth, "N-No, Papa. I-I'm sorry. I-I'm sorry. I-I'm sorry." The boy repeated, hot, messy tears showering down his cheeks, small sobs starting to make their way into his words.

But then, an alarm sounded all throughout the building, "Am experiment has escaped." A women said through the announcement.

Doctor Brenner snapped his head away from the boy, his eyes widening.

"I repeat, an experiment has escaped."