14. 𝔴𝔦𝔩𝔩 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔦𝔰𝔢

"Will!" The words ripped from Y/n's lungs as her feet pounded on the hard cement floor of the Hawkins Middle School hallways

"Will!" The words ripped from Y/n's lungs as her feet pounded on the hard cement floor of the Hawkins Middle School hallways. Dustin and Max trailed behind her, also yelling out Will's name. Mike and Lucas had split up from them so that they all could cover more ground.

Goosebumps ran down Y/n's body as the cold feeling still raced through her. A small pressure slowly began to build up in her throat, almost like it was fading in and gradually getting more and more present. But she tried to ignore it and the dark feeling that grew within her.

She raced around the corner of the hallway, still yelling out her brother name as the pain just got stronger and stronger. "Will!" Her voice came out a little hoarse from the growing tension in her throat but still that seemed to catch the attention of none other than Joyce Byers who had been searching relentlessly for her two youngest children.

"Y/n!" Joyce called out, her eyes locked on Y/n as she rushed over to her daughter. She tore her attention away from calling out to Will and set it on her worried mother who instantly engulfed the girl into a hug. Y/n just crashed into her comforting arms, holding her tightly, "What? What is it, baby?" The woman questioned, sensing her unease.

Y/n pulled away from her, Joyce's arms still tangled around the girl, "Mom, it's Will. He just... I-I don't know but somethings wrong, I-I can feel it." She blurted out in a panic as Joyce looked over her, her eyebrows scrunching up in worry.

"You can feel it? Wh-What? What can you feel? Where is he?" She blurted out the questions that all raced through her mind with broadened eyes and knitted up eyebrows as Dustin and Max joined up with the two of them, panting heavily.

"We don't know." Dustin answered, adjusting his hat as a head of sweat dribbled down his temple.

The choking feeling intensified much quicker than Y/n had expected and she let out a cough, her hands flying up to her neck as they all looked to her. "Sweetie, what's wrong?" Joyce breathed out, her eyes flicking down to look at her neck as Y/n kept letting out small croaks for air. She tried to swallow the unexpected pain that jolted through her body so they could focus on Will but she couldn't, it was too strong.

Suddenly, a door was thrown open and they all snapped their heads over to see Lucas sprinting through a back door that lead outside, a sense of panic following him into the room. "The field!" He heaved, all of their eyes widening as they bolted through the double doors, Lucas leading the way for all of them.

Joyce's arm was wrapped around her daughters shoulder as they all followed Lucas' lead."Will! I just found him like this!" Mike had been standing right next to Will, whose eyes were rolled in the back of his head, his head positioned to look up at the sky. His fingers and knees buckled and trembled as his eyes seized up.