Chapter 2

"I'm so sorry for you loss." Kevin Alvarez, the funeral home director says to Gastón's widowed fiancée. Luna, seeing Nina's distraught reaction accepts Kevin's condolences on behalf of her friend.

Guests shuffle into the funeral home as Nina makes her way to the front to greet them. Delfi and Pedro are the first to arrive, greeting Nina with a hug as tears begin to stream down Pedro's face. Nina and Delfi share a moment as they always had a sister-like connection after both dating Gastón.

The moment is cut short however as they notice Jazmín hiding behind the casket. Her tablet peaks over the top as she attempts to film Pedro on his hands and knees crying for Gastón. Delfi intervenes escorting her friend to her seat.

As Delfi scolds Jazmín, Sebastián Villalobos, Jazmín's husband enters. He immediately overhears the conversation and takes over for her.

In walks Nico and Eric, hand in hand. The solemn looks on their faces say it all. This whole situation has really had a toll on the two of them. It was noticeable to anyone at the Jam & Roller that the friendship between Gastón and Eric had begun to grow to new heights just months before the jock had gone missing. The couple takes a seat in the back avoiding conversation with those around them as they console one another.

Numerous meow's fill the room as Ramiro enters alongside his girlfriends, Jim and Yam. He places one of his cat carriers, next to where Gastón rests.

"Honey Love was always his favourite." He mumbles to himself, wiping a tear with his fingerless gloved hand.

The Alvarez family trails close behind as Jam and Roller get excited to play with Ramiro's other felines, Cuando, Bailo, and Honey Funny.

"I was really hoping it wasn't going to end like this." Ámbar says to Jim and Yam as she solemnly watches her children play.

"I know. When he went missing I just kept expecting to see him at the Jam & Roller, and everything would go back to normal." Jim replies.

"And to think we still don't know who's responsible for this." Ámbar sighs.

"I will never forget the way he jumped up on the tables during Aquí Estoy." Yam says reminiscing on her favourite Gastteo performance.

The mention of the song draws their attention to Matteo. He is currently pacing the hallways, head down, as he prepares to make his speech. Everyone knows that this has hit him the hardest and collectively agree to give him all the space he needs.

"He'll never get to meet our son." Matteo whispers to Luna, holding back a sob. She reaches for his hand, giving it a squeeze.

Just as the two break apart, Simón makes his way over to his brother-in-law. He helps to console him with a pat on the back then ushers him to the alter. This gives Matteo all the confidence he needs to speak to the crowd.

The speech leaves the room in a state of astonishment. Not even his own fiancé, Nina could speak about Gastón with such passion and intensity. It's in that moment that the mood in the chapel shifts as two officers enter.

"Eric Andrade, you are under arrest for the murder of Gastón Perida."

Nico's face is unreadable as the love of his life is hauled out of the room by two big, beefy cops. Jazmín's gets the whole thing on tape as she makes a remark to Sebastián Villalobos about how great of a story this will be for Ja-Jazmín. He blushes in embarrassment as he slowly lowers her tablet.