Chapter 4

A few days have passed since Luna's visit with Eric. So far she has no leads on the case but she refuses to let that get to her. The big house feels so empty now that everyone has gone to back to their respective homes. And with the Alvarez's gone to visit Sharon, that just leaves Luna and Matteo to enjoy the evening on their own.

"It just doesn't add up." Luna huffs, frustrated.

"Can we just spend one night together not trying to solve a murder?"

Matteo is still trying to process the death of his best friend and so the fact that Luna is getting so involved in this case has been really hard on him.

"You're right, I'm sorry. I just can't seem to get it out of my head."

All of a sudden the door to the mansion swings open and in walks Tino and Cato.

"Hola!" Yells Tino.

"Congratulations!" Cato chimes as they make their way into the living room, holding a giant box over their heads.

"We brought you a present." Says Tino, dropping the box on the ground with a loud thud.

Luna glares at Matteo as an embarrassed expression crosses his face.

"Tino and Cato called this morning." He says, shyly. "They said they might drop by."

"And you brought a gift." Luna says, getting up and walking towards the box. She begins to open the gift and grows confused at the contents inside.

"It's a car seat!" Cato exclaims, helping Luna remove the full sized passenger seat out of the box.

"We found it at the junkyard. Can you believe nobody picked this puppy up? I'm sure you guys know how expensive car seats are. Hopefully you're gonna get a mini van though cause I don't think this will fit in the car you have out front." Tina adds confidently.

"I'm not too sure what I expected." Luna says laughing with Matteo. He smiles, agreeing.

"How long have you two been in town for? I feel like we haven't caught up in awhile." Luna says.

"Well, it's a funny story actually." Cato says. "We've been back for a few months but have been keeping to ourselves ever since we saw Gastón, Nico and Eric playing that weird game in the woods. Do you remember the one, Tino?"

"Oh of course, how could I forget?" Tino responds before he gets on the ground, allowing Cato to drag him by the ankles around the living room.

Luna is left shocked by their actions but quickly composes herself as Matteo places his head in his hands, overwhelmed.

"Woah, back up." Luna says, halting their actions. "You saw Nico and Eric drag Gastón around the woods?"

"Yeah." They reply in unison.

"We were on one of our typical 3am walks a few months back and followed them into the woods." Cato says.

"Don't tell me you wouldn't do the same, Luna." Tino teases. "It looked like fun and we wanted to join in, but then we heard some real weird stuff."

"What did you hear?" Luna asks.

June 14th, 2023, 1:16am

Gastón shuffles in his coat, trying to keep warm as he knocks lightly on the door. He knows Nico isn't home, Eric made sure to tell him that when he told him to come over. But the nerves always get the best of him every time he's around Eric.

The door swings open to reveal a half dressed Eric who forcefully grabs Gastón by the collar, pulling him into the apartment. Their lips immediately lock as he pushes him against the wall, slamming the door shut with his foot.

"I've been dying to see you." Eric breathes into his mouth. "I've been thinking about this all day."

Gastón doesn't reply with words but rather uses his body to show Eric how much he agrees. The couple stumbles up to the bedroom, layers of clothing being lost along the way. Before they know it, all that's left is Eric's layered necklaces, laying cool against Gastón's bare chest.

Gastón momentarily feels a wave of guilt as Nina's face flashes in his mind. But he knows that what they're about to do is just too good to pass up.

Just as the two had found their perfect rhythm they hear the distant sound of keys in the lock downstairs. Time stands still as panic begins to rise between them.

"I thought you said he wasn't going to be home." Gastón whisper yells into Eric's ear.

Eric has no time to reply before a shirtless Nico appears in the doorway and Gastón quickly rolls off of Eric, wrapping himself in the sheets.

"What the fuck is he doing here?" Nico growls.

"I can explain." Eric pleads as Nico leaves the room furiously.

Eric, trailing behind his boyfriend begs him to calm down and listen.

"I knew you two were getting closer but I never could've imagined this is what was really happening. How long has this been going on for?"

"A few months now." Eric says, unable to lie under the pressure.

"So before those two got engaged." He says, gesturing towards Gastón who has now joined the two of them in the kitchen.

"Does Nina know?" Nico asks.

"Don't bring her into this."  Gastón threatens, his voice rising at the mention of his fiancé.

The aggression between the two grows as Nico slyly grabs a forgotten knife off the counter.

"So he's the reason you've been so distant lately?" Nico questions, stepping towards Gastón. "He's the reason you don't care how long I've been gone on my business trips for? Cause you've already got someone else to share our bed with?"

Eric stammers, trying to come up with a response. But before he knows it, he's left paralyzed watching as Nico slits Gastón's throat in one swift movement.

His lifeless body falls backwards, blood pooling onto the ground around him.

"Oh my god." Eric reacts. "What have you done?"

Nico takes a step back from Gastón's body.

"What needed to be done."

"You killed him."

"I did. Now there's nothing left standing between us anymore."

Eric doesn't know how to react. On one hand, he really cared for Gastón but Nico has always been the one who held his heart. He didn't realize until that very moment just how high Nico's love took him.

"So you forgive me?"

"Of course I do." Nico says, stepping over Gastón's body to place a kiss on his boyfriends lips.

"What do we do with him?" Eric asks, breaking apart from the kiss.

"We'll take him to the woods, I know a good spot where we can bury him and leave this all in the past."

"Let me." Eric says. "If you touch him we'll both go down for this."

"It won't get to that, mi amor. They'll never find him."