Chapter 3

Luna, Matteo, Simón and Ámbar sit around the contents of Gastón's Jam & Roller locker. Uncle Rapmiro offered to take the kids to the rink while the adults reminisce over what they found inside.

"I know this is probably not the best timing but I wanted to share some happy news." Luna says, glancing over at Matteo.

"Are you sure you want to do this now, mi amor?" Matteo responds.

"No time like the present. As you guys know, we've been trying for a while and it finally happened. I'm pregnant." Luna beams, smiling over at her husband.

"Congratulations!" Simón cheers, grabbing Luna in his arms and lifting her off her feet in a giant hug.

"Well it's about time." Ámbar chuckles, going in to hug Matteo.

"Yeah, we finally got it right this time." Matteo winks.

"Chico Fresa!" Luna reacts, playfully swatting his arm.

"How long were you keeping this secret for? Do we know the sex yet?" Simón asks.

"It's a boy. Little Ralphie will be with us in just a few months." Matteo says.

"How many times do I have to tell you we are not naming our child Ralph." Luna deadpans in response.

"What's wrong with Ralph?" Simón asks.

"Everything." Ámbar laughs, agreeing with Luna.

"You're one to talk." Matteo says rolling his eyes.

"I'm so happy for you two." Simón says, putting the conversation back on track.

"Thanks, we can't wait for Jam and Roller to have a cousin to play with." Luna responds. "But we should really finish up here cause I have to go visit Eric in an hour."

"You're visiting Eric in prison?" Ámbar asks, shocked.

"I need to hear it from him. I have a gut feeling that there's more to the story." She responds.

"You're always seeing the good in people. It's one of the many things that I love about you." Matteo says causing Luna to smile in response.  "But are you sure now is the right time for you to be playing detective? Especially with a baby on the way?" Matteo questions.

"You know how I am. I won't be able to rest until I hear his side." Luna sighs as Matteo reluctantly agrees.

"We'll finish up here. You go see Eric, let us know how it goes." Simón says, hugging his friend goodbye.

"Be safe, my love." Matteo kisses his wife goodbye. "Protect Ralph at all costs." Matteo yells after her as she flips him off in response.

Luna laces up her skates and gathers up the courage she needs as she begins her journey to the Buenos Aires Maximum Security Prison. Luna has never been to the jail before and she's feeling nervous as she makes her way there. She doesn't know what she's expecting to hear from Eric but she trusts that her friend wouldn't go as far as murder. This whole thing just doesn't add up to her, especially considering how close Gastón and Eric had become.

As she steps into the visitors room she spots Eric sitting at one of the tables with his ankles shackled to the bench. She makes her way over to him, suddenly filled with a wave of nerves.

"I wasn't expecting anyone, let alone you, to come and visit me." Eric says, breaking the ice.

"You know me, always seeing the best in everyone." Luna says in response, trying not show how nervous she actually is.

"I killed one of your best friends." Eric presses.

"But, did you really? Eric, I just don't think you're capable of that. This whole situation isn't sitting right with me." Luna claps back.

There is a moment where Luna sees panic wash over Eric's face but it's gone as quickly as it came.

"They found my DNA all over his body, Luna. I was his last text, I was the last one who saw him alive. I was the one without an alibi. In their eyes, it's a closed case, there's no hope for me, I'm done." The words flow out of his mouth as if he had been holding them in for months.

"So, you're admitting that you didn't do it and you're just gonna go with it because you think there's no other option?" Luna presses.

"I'm pretty sure that's how these things work, Luna."

"News flash, Eric, you weren't around back in 2016 but I have a couple good cases under my belt and I think I can help you too. In fact, I know I can. Nobody should pay the price for something they didn't do." Luna rants, the emotions clearly getting the best of her.

"Whatever, Luna. I know we were never really that close, and I appreciate the help, but I really think you should let the professionals handle this one."

"Why do people keep saying that? Just because I'm with child doesn't mean I'm not capable of doing what's right."

"You're pregnant?"

"That's beside the point. Eric, I know you didn't do this and I'm gonna get you out of it."