Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

Somewhere in the scorch, were multiple burgs, their propellers kicking up dust and flinging it onto the air, causing those that were present to squint

Somewhere in the scorch, were multiple burgs, their propellers kicking up dust and flinging it onto the air, causing those that were present to squint. Janson and his team had managed to track down what was left of the train, his chest was flamed with anger, though, he didn't show it. He rolled his eyes as he heard the dirt crunch loudly, already knowing his assistant was skipping steps just to inform him of the latest updates.

"We've got forty -- maybe fifty kids," The assistant corrected himself, "We're still compiling an official count, but the pilot thinks it was them," He clasped his hands together behind his back and glanced over at Janson as they continued to walk.

Janson was irritated. Nothing seemed to be going right. Well, almost nothing.

"Of course it was them," He deadpanned, "What about the burg?"

The assistant sighed and pursed his lips with a light shake of his head, "We tracked it a few miles, but someone must've known about the locator. They're totally off the grid."

The pair came to a stop when they reached the next compartment, lifting their heads as they watched their Soldiers scan the experiments on their neck, before shoving them down the steps and lining them up.

"Forty two. . . forty nine . . ." A voice said.

"We're searching the area, but, uh, they're prolly' long gone by now," The assistant said.

Janson shook his head in disagreement as he looked down at the teen boy who was kneeling in front of him, "Oh no, they're not goin' anywhere," The evil man wore a sickly grin on his lips as he watched the boy glare up at him through his lashes, "They didn't get what they really wanted."

And Janson was right. They didn't get what they wanted, but they will, soon enough. Back at the safe sight, Thomas had slammed an old map down on a table as he pointed to a destination, "There, thats it. It's a few hundred miles, based on the railways, everything that Aris told us, thats gonna be where they're headed." The freckled boy assured, wetting his chapped lips as he glanced up.

"Thats where they're taking Minho,"

Aife looked at Thomas from where she sat, her eyes narrowed and an undetectable expression on her face. He couldn't tell what she was thinking.

"We take everyone who can fight," Thomas glanced over at her, "We can make it back within a week."

Vince looked appalled as he looked at the teenaged boy, "A week?" He asked incredulously, jutting his chin forward as he tapped his index finger on the table, "It took us six month to get here. I mean, we've got over a hundred kids now. We can't just hang out here forever, after what we just pulled! You wanna wonder off to some random point in the map -- You don't even know what's there!"

Before anyone could get another word in, a familiar voice came from the door way, "I do."

It was Jorge