Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

Aife sat in an old, rickety chair, her legs on either side, her head tilted down towards the floor as she felt Teresa's cold hands on the back of her neck

Aife sat in an old, rickety chair, her legs on either side, her head tilted down towards the floor as she felt Teresa's cold hands on the back of her neck. Aife exhaled a low breath, slowly blinking as she heard the pale skinned girl pick up a scalpel and hover it over her skin. Aife could feel her heart racing.

"Uh, this might hurt a bit." Teresa warned, before pressing her lips together in a thin line.

Aife set her jaw, rolling her bottom lip in-between her teeth before reaching up, smoothing her hair out of the way and to the side to insure that it wouldn't distract her from her task. She couldn't believe she had even agreed to do this. Letting Teresa of all people perform this mini surgery on her? God. She's never letting Newt convict her to do anything ever again.

"Do it," Aife said, and at that, Teresa pressed down, the sharp blade cutting into her skin and splitting it in two.  Aife hissed in pain, her shoulders flinching at the odd sensation. She felt Teresa quickly put a small ball of gauze up to her skin to stop the blood from dripping any further. Aife felt eyes on her, and she knew the gladers were watching as Teresa cut into her flesh.

"Look, I know this isn't the time to make small talk, but I just wanted to say that i'm sorry,"  Teresa murmured lowly, and Aife pulled a face as she slowly shifted in her chair.

"oh, here we go," Aife tapped her fingers along the spine of the chair, and her voice held faux  amusement. It was silent after that, Teresa having pursed her lips. Aife didn't want any apologies from the girl. She wanted to see her dead. She would never forgive her for what she did to her family.

"Almost done," She cleared her throat, lightly shaking her head. She didn't know why she said anything in the first place.

Aife gripped the chair, and Teresa applied pressure with the gauze once again.

Gally, Frypan and Newt sat a couple feet away, holding a small towel up to their skin to slow the bleeding from the small procedure that the white girl had performed. She was cutting the chip out of their neck, which would allow them to enter the city without Janson and his rats being alerted of their unwanted presence.

"You're all set." Teresa said, pressing a towel against her neck as she placed the scalpel down on the silver tray. Aife's hands traveled behind her head to apply pressure herself. She stood up from the chair, not bothering to thank the girl before she took a seat next to her gladers. Thomas stepped up, taking her position.

Gally slightly scooted his chair over, allowing more room for the girl in-between him and Frypan. Newt stepped away for a moment.

"I bet she enjoyed that," Gally deadpanned, lazily tossing the bloody rag on the table before his arm fell limp at his sides. Frypan lightly chuckled, glancing up at the boy with a light smirk on his face.

"You probably right,"

"Here," Newt made his way back over, tossing the two boys a uniform, to which they would need to wear to enter the city without being detected immediately.