Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

Teresa walked through the city, her heals clipping against the concrete and her posture stiff

Teresa walked through the city, her heals clipping against the concrete and her posture stiff. She subtly glanced around her, and if anyone was looking close enough- you could see, something was wrong. Next to her, was a masked figure, a large weapon in his hand as he kept up with her pace. Teresa shifted her gaze toward him, her expression hinting towards irritation and fear. Wonder why. 

They walked through the main building. And Teresa slightly faltered as she saw others, real security guards, and a few feet ahead of them, a machine that seemed to look like a metal detector. She contemplated screaming for help, although, she couldn't get the chance, as she heard Thomas' low voice in her ear, "Don't stop." He ordered. 

Teresa kept walking. 

Surely, the suspicions of other civilians would begin to rise, given how close Thomas was walking to her. He needed to ensure she wouldn't walk away again. He didn't trust her. But then again, who would?

Suddenly, another masked figure stepped in front of them, and the air grew tense. Thomas tilted his head lightly, the other uniformed guard mirroring his actions, before he nodded his head, signaling for them to keep moving. 

It was newt. 

Thomas lightly pushed Teresa in front of him, so she was now in-between him and Newt, before they turned corners, finding a small staircase that they swiftly traveled down. The lower level they were now on seemed to be a garage, and there was a large glass that revealed the entire car port. On the other side of the glass, was yet another safeguard. His pace picked up as he had left the car port section, and was now walking by Teresa, and the gladers. 

It was Gally. 

Gally led them down the narrowed hall, and came to a stop at a large, metal door. There was a scanner, and it was obvious that they needed a key card to get in. Thankfully, the glader had one. Waiting at the metal door, was a shorter safeguard. If you looked hard enough, you could tell that the uniform was slightly baggy on their body. 

That one was Aife. 

Gally scanned his card, and the door opened with a loud, creaaaak. They swiftly entered the room, ready to race down the stairs before. . . 

"Wait, I think I can get in here!" Gally voiced, pulling off his mask as before he felt around at the junction box. Aife and the others slowly turned around, seeing the boy who was glistening with sweat reach into his pocket, tossing Thomas a small device before the said boy continued to make his way down the stairs. 

Aife, Newt, and Teresa stayed with Gally. 

The blond haired boy was leaning over the railing, his mask lifted on top of his head so he could breath better. He felt like a hand was squeezing around his throat, and he felt as though a torch has being held to his skin as torture. He began to cough rather uncontrollably, his eyes squeezed shut as he gripped onto the banister.