Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ

Aife could feel multiple eyes on her as she and the two boys walked through the building, her eyes were set with determination, her eyebrows drawn and her lips pressed together

Aife could feel multiple eyes on her as she and the two boys walked through the building, her eyes were set with determination, her eyebrows drawn and her lips pressed together. Heads turned as they walked by, and Aife was beginning to grow irritated. All these people had known exactly who they were, all this time. Because they were involved in it. Testing these kids, these innocents, who were never given a chance. Because of them.

The murmurs around them grew louder as they continued down the halls. Quickly, they made a sharp right just as they saw a glass, sliding door closing. The three crouched down against the wall in the dimly lit room, watching as people frantically ran past them, remaining oblivious to their presence. Aife turned her head, taking notice of a large door that was cracked open before she nudged Thomas, who had caught on to what she was implying.

"There," She lowly whispered, before cautiously glancing at them for approval, to which they gave her a swift nod. She remained low as she traveled through the room, the boys following in her footsteps. She peeked her head out into the hall, only having seen the last of the scrambling nurses who were too busy running for their lives.

She turned to face the boys when she saw the coast was clear, "Come on,"

She stepped into the hall, glancing in both directions and beginning to make her way through the building when she froze, seeing a movement out of the corner of her eye. She sharply turned her head, her jaw falling slack as she narrowed her eyes. Aife could feel her chest growing tight.

At the end of the hallway, stood a blonde haired woman with her familiar, over lined red lips. She wore all white, as always, and she slowly stalked toward them in shock. She hadn't been informed they were in the city.

Aife could feel Thomas hovering over her shoulder, and she cracked her fingers down at her side before speaking to him, "Do it,"

At that, he reached into his waist band and and pulled out a hand gun, pulling off the safety and pointing it at Ava Paige. The woman froze. Just before Thomas could even see pull the trigger, the two heard Newt shout from behind them.

"No! Watch out," He warned, Aife could feel her body fly forward as Newt collided with her back, shoving her and Thomas out of the way. They hadn't seen, but Janson had spotted them as well, and had began to fire at the kids. Aife covered her head with her hands as she ducked out of the way and ran, turning the corner and watching as Newt held his weapon up towards the terrified nurses. At the sight of the boy with the weapon, they began to scream, running out of the way.

"Minho!" Thomas shouted, his voice traveling down the hall.

A masked guard who had rounded the corner had now stood in front of them, pointing their weapons at the trio.