Chapter Sixty-Two

Another short chapter. Also blocked from Tiktok again. If you haven't already, pls follow my backup @raereadsss in case I get permanently banned. Love you guys. -Rae

Daija got dressed in clean leggings, a cozy navy blue sweater and she left her curly hair down to cover any marks that her clothes couldn't. She enjoyed the silence of the locker room. No one was here but her.

Her stomach hurt, and her hands wouldn't stop shaking. A part of her regretted what she did downstairs, but the other part wished that she healed Erik so she could draw out his pain so she could rip him apart again, and again, and again.

He enjoyed killing her father. He enjoyed stalking her. He enjoyed listening to her scream when her mother hit her and he admitted to having filthy thoughts about her. She was only fourteen.

"You would've made a perfect little stress ball, princess." his words echoed in her head.

The nausea hit full force, and she ran to the closest toilet to vomit her guts out.

He would've kidnapped her and done horrible things to her. The only thing that saved her was the fact that she didn't have her major powers yet.

When she finished throwing up, she rested back against the wall, breathing hard as she tried to stop her head from spinning.

I was rumored to have powers, she thought to herself, How many people were like Erik and waited for them? How many were watching me? Was my danger sense advanced to the point it stopped my other powers from manifesting until it knew that I was safe?

She left the stall and went to the sink, opening the cabinet below it and sighing in relief when she found some mouthwash to rinse and clean her mouth with.

Someone hired them to kill Dad. Was it possible they hired to kill me, too? Westin tried to shoot me instead of telling me the truth. Was he just trying to finish the job?

Thoughts of her Dad floated in her mind. His kind smile and bubbly laugh, his encouraging words and comforting hugs.

Any person with this many dark secrets isn't a good person. I mean, look at me for fuck's sake, the thought had the tears flooding her eyes before she could stop them. Sitting on the floor, she hugged her knees to her chest, put her head down and cried silently.

She just wanted an answer. She wanted to know what her father was actually doing and see just how horrible and terrifying it was so she could finally rest.

Stop crying, she bit back a louder sob by biting the edge of her sweater, You can do this. You HAVE to get through this. Just. Stop. Crying.

"Daija?" There was a knock on the door to the locker room after she heard Sierra calling her name, "Hey, are you okay in there?"

Before she could answer, she walked in and immediately gasped as he rushed over to kneel beside her, "Whoa, what's the matter?"

"I'm sorry," Daija sniffled as she wiped any remaining tears, "I didn't mean to start crying in here. I swear I'll be done in a few minutes-"

"There's no need to apologize," she said as she patted her shoulder, "You want me to get Simon?"

No. He's done more than enough, she thought as she shook her head, "It's alright. I'm alright now," she then lowered her voice to a whisper, "I'm certain my Dad was terrible after all. I mean, how did he have this many enemies?"

"Are you sure about that? Or are you just overthinking this?" she asked before giving her a comforting hug, "Look, how about this? Tomorrow, Simon and I can take you to meet our mom. Him and I literally just talked about it before I came to check on you. He asked me not too long ago to look into OpalSpace's archives, and after what happened down there just now, I think it would be better to ask her directly."