Chapter 4 : The Evening

Suhan POV :

I watched my sister as she packed the last of the items she wanted in the carry bag, tongue caught at the corner of her lips as she concentrated on zipping up the bag. I leaned back on the bed on my forearms as a smile played on my lips.

The person that I loved and adored the most in this world was my sister. She was my best friend, my cheerleader, my confidant, my partner in crime, my inspiration, my support, my critic, my angel.

She was a pure soul with so much love in her that sometimes it felt impossible that she existed.

But above it all she was the definition on an Enigma.

Because even as I know her to be the most caring, goofy, sympathetic, kind, light hearted, encouraging, lovable and supportive, it was only ever to the people she cared about or loved. For the people that crossed her she was ruthless, rigid, unforgiving, dangerous and lethal. The people she did not know, she did not give a damn.

Her personality was just made in this manner, she could never control it and often times in the past she would come to me to ask if that made her a monster.

My baby sister. What a clueless girl she was. Had no clue about what a diamond she was.

Beautiful, intelligent, kind yet merciless.

One of the many good things that this signified was that I could trust her judgement blindly. She would over analyze any situation to work out any snags or oppositions that might come before acting on it. Which was why I was not much concerned about her decision to help the authorites with the auction.

Also the hybrids she would bring was actually a cause of celebration for me. I knew she would treat them differently. I guess she would be treating them as her companions and honestly I was so grateful to Ye Jun to ask her to do this. I travelled continuously. And she, tried not to. Most of the times she was lonely because at the given position she was in, trust was not easily given to make friends or relationships. We both knew that.

"So" I began, completely lying down on her bed now "Who is hosting this charming auction?"

"The Parks." Anya responded absent mindedly.

I let out a whistle "That utter bastard. I always wondered where he kept all of his wealth from when his business ventures kept nosediving."

"You forget his ancestral wealth." Anya said.

I swiped a hand though the air dismissing her information. "With the lifestyle he has, he burned it all away except for that manor. Be prepared sister. He is currently involved in our cruise line supplying the entertainment for two nights. I am very close to firing him so I guess he will be licking your boots throughout the event." I paused, an entertaining thought in my head I leaned up on my forearms to look at her with a mischievous smile "I bet you can actually ask him to lick your boots and he would get down to do it immediately."

Anya laughed, finally being able to complete her packing. "Why does he want this gig so bad?"

I leaned back down again and shrugged. "This is the Calypso cruise. We are booked for a long time. This time all are the royalties going for the annual trips. Heavy media coverage too. After that few Arabian royals and presidents are booked up. I guess it's the prestige and the connections he can make along with the money. He needs to expand his contacts to keep the money coming in these auctions, or the cost of maintaining and training these hybrids will weigh more than what he makes."

"Hmmm... that's good to know."

I laughed at her response. "Knowledge is power?"

She smiled and nodded. "Knowledge is power."