Chapter 20 - Web of Mazes

ANYA :

The look in his eyes was completely unidentifiable, all that could be seen was a fire burning in them.

Anya tried to let go of the knife but his strong fingers covered her hands completely. His grip on her remained firm, so as to not hurt her, but to not let her drop the knife.

Anya struggled a bit, trying to withdraw, but Taehyung kept looking at her with his hooded gaze, his body as still as a statue, while the movement caused the tip of the knife to cause more damage, the blood stream flowing down his chest getting thicker.

Anya stopped the moment she realized that.

Tae's eyes burned even more with what he thought was her accepting defeat. He stepped closer, the tip digging deeper in his chest.

The darkness of the night wrapped around them, the stillness of it providing the illusion of an intimate space where only the two of them existed.

"Mark me Master." His silken voice was temptation itself.

The heat radiating from the Tiger's naked body gently touched her exposed skin, his tall body pressing closer to her, his breath, intimate on her forehead.

Taehyung licked his lips once, leaving his lips glossy, as he said again, "Mark me."

"Taehyung, I still have not decided what name I should give you." Anya quietly said.

He stopped for a bit, but then answered, "Write Taehyung, or Tae. It does not matter."

"So the significance of the mark does not matter to you. Only the physical mark itself does?" In a quiet voice, the question exploded between them both.

Taehyung stopped completely. "No." he denied.

"The significance of it is me accepting you for only myself, of making a vow to you. Of engraving the identity that I will forever abide by, choosing to completely erase your past full of pain from the future I will give you. Does the name truly not matter Taehyung?" her soothing voice reached him.

His grip on her relaxed and as quick as lightening, Anya threw the knife towards the sink.

The problem was, the man before her was no meek subjugated slave. He was no longer a submissive hybrid, but a natural predator, a dark being who just happened to be bonded to her.

He had relaxed his grip understanding her reason, but Anya found out, it did not mean that the matter was over. Far from it.

Tae easily caught the knife from its blade, and twirled it around in his hand, his gaze locked on the spinning sharpness reflecting the moonlight when it caught it.

His aura had darkened, his presence had in an instant, become intimidating.

Anya still sat on the counter, in her black cami and shorts, hair completely unbound, while the Tae's dark frame remained standing tall between her parted legs, his dark hair hiding his eyes.

Anya observed her wild cat, she bent her head to watch him fully.

Something was wrong with him. Something was bothering him, pinching him. That was the only reason why he was behaving this out of his character. No matter how much of his true self he unlocked, his bond to her was too strong in its force to let him change his persona so much around her, save for circumstances in which it could be explained.

She needed to understand and address the issue, and that too quickly, because two things had become extremely clear

One: Tae would not be voluntarily sharing whatever it was that caused him to transform and then remain away from his pack, who were sleeping together upstairs, to come sit quietly in the darkness of the living room where he knew no one would be coming.