Chapter 5 : Beginning of the Auction

Anya POV :

"Anya-shii!" I saw Mr. Park calling to me as we entered a beautiful hall with circular tables surrounded by chairs. The ceiling was glittering with drop lights while the décor was in dark gray. It was a modern and classy room.

The one thing that I had to admit to myself was no matter what, Park had actually set up the event in a manner that did live up to the name

The one thing that I had to admit to myself was no matter what, Park had actually set up the event in a manner that did live up to the name. Then again, it could just have been a decorator he hired, I thought with a shrug. I looked ahead to see him hurrying to me, part excited, part lusty. This Toad was never capable of such refine taste, I thought with faint disgust.

As soon as he reached me, he gave me a smarmy smile which I think he thought was charming. Fighting of a shiver of distaste, I raised my brows at him questioningly.

"All my best customers are seated in the front Anya-shii, please let me guide you to the table closest to the stage." He said raising his hand palm front, expecting me to put my hand in his.

Ugh this man smelling of coconut I thought but before I could say anything, my bodyguard spoke up "We are here to escort her to the seat. Please lead the way."

I hid a smile at that. It was safe to say that Jackson did not like the man at all.

Park's smile slipped a little but he quickly made up for it and guided us to the table closest to the stage. He saw me seated and then went away. I turned and winked at Jackson, who had taken his position behind my chair along with my other bodyguard. He saw my wink and winked back at me as I turned ahead. I knew I was safe here, as long as I had them with me.

As soon as I was seated I looked around at my companions. Great. I got Cruella and group with me. The more I looked at them the more insane they seemed to look like.

"Anya! It's a good thing you are with us dear. We can advice you to look out for which hybrids seeing that this is your first time. Especially on which ones perform the best in bed." Mrs. Han said with a smile.

What was disturbing was that I could feel she was actually genuine about it. Did I look like her brand of crazy to the others for her to assume this about me?

"I will look out for your advice" I said to the older woman. To her right, Seojin did not give me much attention. But I saw another face sitting with Seojin that made me pause.

Jennifer. The daddy's princess. Her dad was actually one of the few genuine and good people in our trade, owning the diamond trade. But her daughter....

Rich since birth without a mother, she was someone I kept a look out for. She was my age and wanted to bag my brother. Something about her eyes always seemed psychotic to me.

Right now she was eagerly looking at me and smiling in the hope of bonding so that she could get closer to my brother.

I scoffed internally, Dream on princess.