Chapter 17 : Last String

ANYA :

Anya cut her call with Suhan short as soon as she informed him about the current guest requesting her presence.

When she had just arrived and noticed her attendance, Anya had dismissed Mrs. Han as just another rich wife with no job, amusing herself with accepted rich people pleasure while her husband toiled away at his job.

Mrs. Han's husband was one of Anya's Rubies suppliers. Though his performance left a lot to be desired, Anya still associated herself with him because of his reliability at delivering on date. She had still cut back a lot from him, once she found out that he also had contracts with other business.

Having that information about this couple, she had then proceeded to box them up in her "No Need To Look Further" category but having come here, knowing the undercurrents flowing around, she had to quickly revise her opinions.

Mrs. Han was not as harmless as she had thought. She had sensed it on the first night itself. Then her following actions definitely gave a clear hint in that direction.

The talk that she had with Jennifer earlier, made one thing glaringly stand out. Jennifer had been urged by Mrs. Han to come talk to her.

Something was stirring. Anya always could read any situation brewing right from the start. She knew she was right. And Mrs. Han, was part of whatever it was.

Suhan had caught on too.

But right now, Anya had no idea what Mrs. Han's motivation was. She did not know whether she was plotting to simply get back the hybrid she was so taken with, or did it run deeper? Something to do with her?

Anya needed more information.

About Han.

And this conversation, was perfect opportunity. She needed to understand her. Aside from her life history Anya would unearth, she preferred conversations.

Although, one thing needed to be taken care of first.

She looked down at her lap, where Jungkook was still resting, eyes closed and snuggled in with his tail wrapped around his own midsection. Anya carefully reached down to brush the dark locks of his hair from his forehead, rubbing his fuzzy ears a bit.

Jungkook looked at her.

"Jungkook. We will be leaving shortly after this visit. Why don't you go take a shower and freshen up?" Anya asked him.

Jungkook looked questioningly at her with his bambi eyes. Then wrinkling his nose a bit he asked her,

"You want me to remain out of sight from her?"

Running her hand softly through his hair, Anya nodded.

"Okay. I'll go take a bath." Kook got up from her lap, then hesitated. Then he swiftly placed a small kiss on her head and then sprinted off to the bathroom.

Soft chuckles came from behind her, "Kook gets shy very easily." Jin said.

Still smiling in the direction of her Panther, Anya replied, "That's what is so precious about him."

No, Anya was not at all threatened by Mrs. Han. She was merely annoyed and curious. She knew many individuals would want to explore their opportunities at the new development of her getting hybrids that she would openly treat differently than others, knowing that it could be interpreted as a sign of her weakness, but she did not expect anything so soon. Or from someone like Mrs. Han. Hence her curiosity.

But still.

She would keep Taehyung, Jungkook and Yoongi out of the woman's sight.

"Jin, ask the guards to bring her in."