Chapter 1: To Start From Zero

11:55 PM, Rural Japan 1917

Kaoi POV

"Caw, Caw, your destination is close, Caw Caw"

"Alright I get it, now will you SHUT THE HELL UP, TERUO!"

I swear to whatever god is out there, the people who trained these kasugai crows purposely made them annoying. I sigh as Teruo lands softly on my shoulder. At least I know that I'm close to my mission. Hell, I can see the forest right now.

As of right now, I am traveling to Oyama forest where demon activity to said to be taken place and I am sent there to assess the situation.

I take a look at my pocket watch to see the time.

"Almost 12, huh"

I said as I start to look off in the distance.

In a few hours, Rengoku-san and those four will be boarding the train.

To say things have been tense in the Demon Slayer Corp would be an understatement. From what Rengoku-sama told me is that at the end of the Mount Natagumo mission, a demon slayer that has been traveling with a demon was brought to light. That news alone would cause a massive uproar among the core. Especially among the Hashiras that had worked so hard to eliminate every single demon in their paths.

However, their trial concluded in Ubuyashiki-sama's pardon of the two with the caveat that if the Demon were to eat any human. The demon was to be killed along with the slayer she was traveling with, the Tomioka-san the Water Hashira, and Urokodaki the former Water Hashira committing seppuku.

To be truthful, hearing this pulled on my heartstrings as I feel sympathy for the young recruit's plight to turn his sister back into a human.

Now those two along with their companions are going on the very same mission my master is taking aboard that Train.

"Caw, Caw, We're here, We're here, Caw, Caw"

The obnoxious yelling of my crow takes me out of my train of thought.

"Huh, it seems that we have arrived"

I said while standing at the entrance of the forest. Immieaditly what caught my eye is this mysterious Torii gate with no shrine insight.

Although I have no time to dwell on this nor on the situation of the four accompanying my master as I am sure Rengoku-san will be okay.

With that in mind, I began to walk under the abandoned Torii gate.

Suddenly I began to feel dizzy as I start rubbing my eyes. Must be exhaustion from all the traveling I have been doing. I got to get a good sleep after this. Lest I will be taken down by a demon due to fatigue.

After I started to feel okay I removed my hand expecting to still see the dark forest of the night to instead see . . . . .

. . . . . a marketplace where human animals are walking by in the daytime.

"WHAT?!"