Chapter 12.5: Memory Snow

Minor KNY Manga Spoilers

On a bright sunny afternoon, we find our butler and maid sitting in the garden. The butler works on trimming the bushes while the Pink Maid sips her tea. Suddenly she began to struggle to breathe as she felt her lungs were about to collapse.

Ram: [Coughing]

Kaoi: Okay, that was nearly half the day. I'm impressed with how much you progressed so far, Ram.

Ram: Hah! It should be expected that I would shatter your expectations, Kaoi.

Kaoi: Yeah, yeah, take an hour break, and then we can start the clock again.

Ram: Very well. [Sipping Tea]

In that month, Ram was able to perform Total Concentration Breathing flawlessly. Due to her Oni heritage, her body can take the toll that Total Concentration Breathing puts on, so she was able to get a handle on it sooner than most demon slayers. Now she is on her way to attaining Total Concentration Constant.

Kaoi: Huh? That's strange.

Ram: What is it?

Ram gets up and walks over to Kaoi. She sees that one of the flowers had wilted despite it only having just bloomed. Kaoi touched the flower, which made it fall

Unknown to the two of them, Emilia is looking out of a window with a look of concern on her face as she watches through a window covered in ice.

[Cracks]

The window covered in ice shatters before her.

Kaoi now finds himself inside of what seems to be a train car?

Kaoi: Where am I?

As the noise from the train gets louder, Kaoi turns around and sees...

Kaoi: Rengoku-sama?

Indeed he sees the back of the Flame Hashira, his red blade is drawn and his haori flows swiftly.

For a moment Rengoku turns his head.

Rengoku: Kaoi...

[Train Crashing]

Immediately Kaoi sits upon his bed as he regains his composure from the shock he just had.

Kaoi: Was it all a dream? Oh well...

Scene Change

Going by his usual routine, Kaoi didn't notice at first that Ram was not there in the kitchen to help prepare breakfast.

Kaoi: Hey Rem, where is Ram?

Rem: Sister is sleeping in a bit, as it seems she doesn't want to get out of her bed with morning being this cold.

Kaoi: Cold, what do you mean?

Rem: Didn't you notice? It has been a chilly morning today.

Kaoi: Really, I didn't notice.

Kaoi: Well I gotta check on Ram then.

Rem: Why would you need to check on Sister for? She is just tired from all of your training sessions and day-to-day chores, so it's okay if she oversleeps on cold days.

Kaoi: I have to make sure she stays in Total Concentration Breathing even in her sleep. Besides, there isn't a better day to train in Total Concentration Breathing than in the cold.

Rem: Then Rem will come along too.

Scene Change

Ram: There's so much dust left, clean it again. Useless Bakaoi.