Chapter 31: Mugen Train

In the dark of night, a train blows its whistle as it prepares to leave the station.

Kaoi had taken his seat across Rengoku. Prepared for whatever danger faced him and his master. Soon four more would be joining them.

A boy with hanafuda earrings and a wooden box on his back hides with his two companions. A nervous blonde lad and a shirtless boar-headed man.

Nervous Blonde: Let's hide our swords and get on the train

The train then blows its whistle one last time as it makes its way.

Nervous Blonde: Oh no! The train is leaving! Are the police gone?

Boy with Hanafuda Earrings: Even if they're still here, we still have to get on the train.

Boar Headed: All right! I'm takin' you on, Master of the Land!

The Boar-headed man exclaims with such gusto as he runs after the train.

Nervous Blonde: Wait, you idiot!

Boy with Hanafuda Earrings: Let's follow.

The boy with the hanafuda earrings said as he also makes a run for the train. While the nervous blonde gasps at his two friends.

Nervous Blonde: Huh? Hey, wait for me!

The boy with hanafuda earrings and the boar headed man jumped onto the back of the train as the nervous blonde ran after them. Crying out to them as he grabs onto the rails.

Nervous Blonde: Wait up you guys! Tanjiro! Inosuke!

Tanjiro: We got you!

The demon slayer now identified as Tanjiro and Inosuke pulled their friend in.

The trio makes their way from the train car to train car. The nervous blonde had to drag Inosuke along. For the wild man was so captured with the machine they are in.

Nervous Blonde: This Rengoku, he's a Hashira, right? And we're meeting his tsuguko also? You sure you'll recognize them?

Tanjiro: Yeah. At least Rengoku. Along with his fiery hair, I remember his scent, too. I'll tell you when I sense him.

As Tanjiro opens the door, the train is shaken by a pair of booming voices.

Kaoi/Rengoku: Tasty!

Tanjiro/Nervous Blonde: [gasp]

Kaoi/Rengoku: Tasty!

The train car shakes again as the trio of demon slayers enters the car.

Kaoi/Rengoku: Tasty!

The pair then opens their next boxes. Tanjiro and the nervous blonde stood still in shock.

Kaoi/Rengoku: Tasty!