It's because we love you. (Soft mod angst oneshot)

TRIGGER WARNING:
THIS STORY CONTAINS DESCRIPTIONS OF CHILD ABUSE AND MANIPULATION. IF YOU'RE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THE TOPIC, PLEASE DO NOT READ.

(Note: this takes place before the beginning of the mod, and BF is like- about 8 or so here? Also this may or may not have been inspired by youre a useless child by kikou- anyway, enjoy the story!)

They were the epitome of perfection.
A tall, strong man, accompanied by his beautiful wife, and their son, who was just like them. A son, who which had shared the same gift as them.
You see, the fairests were well known within the music industry and their son, Benjamin, was supposed to be their successor.
Every day they had tried their best to convince him that this was the best thing for him, but yet, he continued to be stubborn and refuse to listen. Yeah, they were picture perfect on the surface, but if only they knew what went on behind closed doors..

Mother Mairest was simply doing her plain duties as a housewife as she stood at the sink, washing some dishes that were left in the sink,
Scrubbing each item down in soap before rinsing it off, placing them in the dish rack.
She sighed to herself, beginning to let her thoughts take over as they drowned out the sound of the sink, becoming muffled as she continued to clean on autopilot.

"I know he's capable of doing it.. I've heard his voice before- he's quite good compared to other kids his age.. he has the potential, if only he'd just stop being so stubborn."

She's suddenly snapped out of her thoughts, all sound rushing in a flash, the first thing she heard was not the flowing water, no, it was the sound of a small but defiant voice raising.

"I don't WANNA be a singer. I like doing it, but just sometimes! I don't wanna it to be my job!"

Mother had turned the faucet off, shaking the water off of her hands as she turned to where she heard the yelling, and began to listen in.

"Go ahead, yell at me again."

A much more mature voice had responded to the younger's in a threatening matter, the younger's voice immediately beginning to shift in tone, filling with remorse.

"W-Wait, no- I didn't m-mean to yell at you-"

The smaller was then interrupted as a harsh slap could be heard, followed by a pained yelp.

Mother Mairest couldn't help but wince at the sound, as much as she hated hearing those noises, she knew it was the only way Benjamin would know who's in charge, and at least try to listen. As much as she didn't like it, it was necessary.

It was the only way that brat could be put into his pla—

"That's what I thought. Maybe that'll teach you not to yell at your parents."

She could hear the sound pitiful whimpers, followed by hiccups as if the noises were trying to be choked back. However, she could tell the efforts were futile, as the next sound that followed were small sobs, that started to dissolve into loud cries. It genuinely sounded painful.

The more mature voice groans in annoyance, sounding as sharp as a tact, and stern.

"Will you stop? It was just a slap. That's nothing to cry about! Why are you so damn sensitive?"

Those words didn't seem to be very helpful, as the sobbing only continued, if not increasing.

"IF YOU DON'T STOP, I'LL GIVE YOU SOMETHING TO CRY ABOUT-!"

The smaller's voice stammered with each word, struggling to speak at all.

"I-I'm sorry, I-I'll listen!"