Your Drawings Look Like Heaven To Me || Soft Mod Valentines Day Oneshot

The modest bedroom of their shared apartment was a wreck.
Crumbled up papers were strewed all over the floor, and the pile was only growing.

Benjamin sat on the bed, a sketchbook in his lap, and his pencil in his hand.
He growls a bit, tearing out another page from his already teared up sketchbook, grumbling as he crumpled it up, and then tossed it at the floor as if the floor had insulted him, with a huff.

You see, it was almost Valentines Day, and Benjamin wanted to do something special.
It had been about 2 months after that fateful day his parents got exposed and were essentially canceled by the public, and ever since that, he and Pico could finally live their lives out in peace. They didn't need to be afraid anymore, of what others might say of them, they never needed to worry anymore, never worry of being hunted again. He never had to get hurt anymore. He could finally focus on his own future and dreams.

And with all this, they could finally have the life they both promised each other they'd have.

Pico had stayed with him through out the entirety of all this, and Benjamin only seen it fitting for him to give his boyfriend a proper thank you, and gift, for this special occasion.

This was the first valentines day where they could be together properly, and not spend it in some gross alleyway, so of course this gift had to be special. Just as lovely and great as his universe named Pico was.

Benjamin wanted to paint a beautiful portrait for his lover, a portrait that expressed the sheer beauty that was his Toughie, but, as of lately, he had been feeling rather.. uninspired.

He was unmotivated, and this frustrated him.
He had no idea what to even paint, so he had been sitting on this bed for what felt like the last few hours, sketching out ideas in his sketchbook, trying to figure out what would be the best.
None of the things he came up felt worthy in his eyes, and so he had scraped many, many, of these ideas.

Benjamin was easy to get frustrated, and the fact he was unable to come up with anything, made him wanna toss the book across the room.
And he was actually about to do this, gripping on the book, and raising it ever so slightly, but stopped, snapping out of his thoughts when he heard a knock at the door.

He had already known who was behind that door, since, well, there was only one person that lived here besides him.
He puts his sketchbook and pencil aside, before stammering out a response to the knocking, his voice cracking a little.

"C-Come in,"

Upon being granted access, the door gently opens, and Pico steps inside the room, a soft smile on his face as he greeted the other,

"Hey Baby, whoa-"

Pico cut himself off, taking a gander at all the papers that were thrown all over the floor, most of them being near Benjamin's side of the bed.

Pico chuckled, looking back at Benjamin.

"The trees are crying right now,"

Pico stated jokingly, his smile growing a little more into a grin.
Benjamin rolls his eyes, trying to force his facial muscles to stop from stretching into a little smile.
This attempt was unsuccessful though, because the mere sight of the other's smile was enough to fill him with happiness, no matter what.

"The trees can't feel anything, they're already dead."

Benjamin retorted, making a small snicker, with Pico making a quiet snort in return.
His eyes follow Pico as the other stepped further into the room, walking closer towards all the crumbled up pages on the floor.

"Pf, true. So, what's with all these papers?"

Pico asked as he knelt down, picking up one of these paper balls, standing up straight and beginning to unfold it.
Benjamin's gaze shifted away, a hand instinctively reaching to rub the back of his neck, as he hesitated a little to answer.