Sweet Lullabies || Sarvente X Reader oneshot

Author's Note:
This was requested by MalachiTheSussyBoy
Ty for the request! Sorry if this was a little late.
Also: the reader will be using gender neutral they/them pronouns for this story, but you're free to imagine any pronouns you want!
Anyway, enjoy the story!

Small CW for implied abuse

It's the middle of the night, and here you are, lying down in a bed that the church was kind enough to provide you, staring up at the ceiling in the spare room you were kept in as your thoughts ran wild.

It had all been a blur, the most you can remember is you running, running from that wretched place that was so-called 'home'.

You didn't feel safe there. Each day that passed you'd be more and more worried for your well-being as the words of the one person who was was supposed to be your protector, screaming in your face saying how they were going to kill you.

So, you ran away from home, to find a better place. Start a better future.
Unfortunately, you didn't have any friends to which you could go to, so you were all on your own with nowhere to go.

The cold, unforgiving rain beat down on your fragile frame, as you wandered aimlessly through the streets in search of a suitable place to take shelter in.
You were in such a rush that you had forgotten to even pack for yourself, so all you had were the clothes on your back.
At this point, you were wishing you had at least brought a jacket for yourself, as you hug yourself and rub your arms in a desperate attempt for the slightest amount of warmth.

Deep shivers wrack your body as you feel the icy droplets of rain send chills through-out your bones, rattling them to the core.
You passed by various buildings and houses which were all closed due to it being so late, you scanned each place, trying to find if any by chance were still open.
You were at least hoping to find a bus stop to sit underneath just to hide from the somber weather,
That was, until you hear a feminine voice call out to you;

"Hey, what are you doing out here?"

You turn towards the voice, and see a tall woman standing on the doorstep of the large church of your town.

It was Lady Sarvente. She was a nun that ran the church of your town. You had never met her personally before, you've never really been a religious person so you didn't really go to church. One thing you knew, however, was the fact that she was rather well liked among most people, and with good reason.

She looked at you with a mother's gaze, a concerned frown tugged at the corners of her mouth as she beckoned for you.

"Please, come inside! You'll catch a cold!"

Without a moments hesitation, you rush towards the steps of the church, letting yourself inside the warm building as quickly as you could.

She closed the door behind you after you entered, gesturing for you to stay put.

"I'll be right back, I'm going to get some towels for you."

She then rushed back to another room in the church, her heels clinking softly against the floor with each step she took.

You stood there silently, continuing to shiver and rub your arms as water dripped off of you and onto the floor, you were guilty. You hoped Lady Sarvente wouldn't be mad at the mess you made on her floor.

Almost as quickly as she left, she returned with a fluffy white towel in her hands, bringing it over to you and wrapping it around your shoulders as she walked with you through the church's halls.

You mutter in a much grateful manner;

"T-thank you..."

Sarvente nodded at you as a reply, her hand which was gently placed on your shoulder rubbed it softly.
She frowned at you worryingly, asking;