two

There ain't nothing here for me anymore
but I don't wanna be alone.

Demi and Mae rush downstairs to see what happened. They stop at the entrance to the kitchen and see the vase holding flowers, a gift from Demi's team, on the floor. Glass was everywhere.

"What the hell happen?!" Demi asks. They knew that things would get heated but never thought it would be this far.

It was as if the whole world stopped. Mae stared at the floor covered in broken glass. It looked like a million pieces. They were shiny and looked beautiful in the afternoon sun, but it when you touch it it slices your skin open and leaves blood pouring out. Guess not all beautiful things are meant to be touched.

Even with glass covering the floor Jesse and Maceo weren't done. Still yelling at each other.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME HUH? I DO GOOD IN SCHOOL, I'M A STAR ATHLETE, BUT WHEN I GET IN TROUBLE FOR SOMETHING I DIDN'T EVEN DO I'M THE BAD GUY?" Maceo yelled.

"YOU GOT CAUGHT WITH DRUGS MACEO! FUCKING, DRUGS!"

"I didn't fucking do it." Maceo said as he stepped dangerously close to his father

"Son, you better back up." Jesse said in a low voice.

"Ok, both of you back away from each other!" Demi demanded.

It was hard to tell what was going to happen. Was Jesse really about to fight his own son? Nobody had ever seen Jesse this mad at any of his kids, but would he really put a hand on them? Even as they were kids Jesse didn't believe in giving whoopings. If he didn't put a hand on them then, why would he now?

"NOW!" Demi said as neither of them were moving.

The boys took a few steps back as they heard Demi was now getting mad.

"Go to your room. Don't make me repeat myself." Demi demanded.

Maceo listen to Demi's orders and quietly walked upstairs to his room.

"Mae, you too."

Deciding to not pick a fight, Mae walked upstairs as well. When Demi was mad, they were scary and if you didn't listen, you were in for a fun ride.

"What the fuck is wrong with you Jesse? Your own son?" Demi questioned.

"Really Demi? You think that low of me? I wouldn't put my hands on him." Jesse defended himself.

"Oh really because look around, there's glass on the fucking floor!"

"Because he lost him damn mind and threw it to the ground!"

"You shouldn't have let it get that far!!"

They were now yelling at each other now. Not caring about their children upstairs that could hear them.

"Well where the hell were you? I didn't have any back up, I thought we were a team!"

"Don't pull that shit on me Jesse. I was upstairs trying to make sure our daughter wasn't hearing anything."

"Do you not care that Maceo had drugs in his backpack?"

"I do-" Demi defended themselves before they were interrupted.

"It doesn't seem like that! If he keeps this up he's going end up like-" Jesse tried to stop himself. But it was too late.

"End up like what? Like me?" Demi said. Hurt that these words would come from their own husband.

"No, I didn't say that-" Jesse said calmly, knowing it was too late to take back that he said.

"But you were about to! Don't try to deny it!" Demi said with tears in their eyes.