sixteen

Setting: Delilah in West Hollywood, California

It was a late night in Los Angeles and for the most part the restaurant was empty

It was a late night in Los Angeles and for the most part the restaurant was empty. The waiter took their empty plates as they continued talking. Wilmer had called for a late dinner meeting to discuss outfit choices for Paris fashion week that Demi would be occurring in a few months. Since he and Demi still haven't gotten to know each other, he had suggested they go out for dinner.

"Wait, so you threw up on Kanye?" Demi said through giggles. Wilmer was telling Demi crazy stories from his college days.

"Well technically, we threw up on each other." Wilmer laughed as Demi made a disgusted face. The two of them had been at dinner for probably the past two hours. Half of it was spent discussing Demi's style and what they wanted to wear for fashion week and the other half was spent talking about whatever came to mind.

Their waiter came back to their table, this time holding a plate of what looked like a chocolate lava cake. "And here is your dessert."

Demi smiled in confusion. "I'm sorry, we didn't order this." Demi said but the waiter simply shook her head.

"This is on the house. The owner is a big fan." Before Demi could try to send it back or offer to pay for it, the waitress winked and walked away. Demi couldn't help but laugh at the encounter. The thought was nice, but Demi didn't mind paying for their own meal.

"Wow, does that happen often?" Wilmer asked. "Everywhere you go people give you free food?" Demi knew he was joking but it was true. For some reason people would always give them free stuff, knowing that Demi was able to pay for it.

"It doesn't happen everywhere but yeah." Demi giggled. "Did you want this? I'm full." Wilmer shook his head no and Demi let out a huff. Instead of wasting it, Demi decided to bring it home for Mae and Maceo.

Wilmer and Demi went up to the counter and stood in line, waiting to pay for their meal and get a to-go box for the dessert. Demi crossed their arms over their chest and shivered. Inside of the restaurant felt like it was the middle of winter. Demi rubbed their arms in an attempt to warm themselves up because she didn't bring a jacket.

"Are you cold?" Wilmer asked, knowing the answer was yes. Wilmer took his jacket off and put it over Demi's shoulders. Demi began to shake her head no but Wilmer cut them off. "It's the least I can do. Just a friendly gesture."

Demi smiled in appreciation and let his jacket remain on her shoulders. Once it was their turn in line, they payed and made their way to the car. Demi and Wilmer parked in the back so paparazzi wouldn't catch them coming out of the restaurant.

Demi pulled their phone out to call an uber, forgetting that it has been dead for the past few hours. "Do you mind giving me a ride?"

"Yeah, no problem." Demi was grateful that he was being so nice. Even though Demi was his client and he wanted to maintain a good relationship with her, it didn't feel forced. Demi could see them being friends in the future, outside of business.