twenty-five

Setting: Mae's House in Hidden Hills, California

He kissed her. Wilmer kissed Demi. On the lips. It wasn't just a small kiss as a friend. It was one filled with passion and lust. For a split second, Demi kissed him back. In that split second, she saw Jesse. She imagined it was his lips against hers and it felt good. There was nothing more that she wanted right now than to be with her husband.

Demi was the first to pull away. It was like something clicked in her mind and she knew that she had just fucked up every chance of getting Jesse back. If she hadn't already ruined everything, she did now.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Demi asked, moving away from Wilmer to the point where she was halfway across the room. She wiped her lips with the back of her hand as if that was going to erase her previous actions.

"I have a husband, Wilmer. What the fuck?!" Demi didn't know what to say. This would be the first time since being with Jesse that she kissed another man. Demi almost broke into tears just thinking about it.

"Aren't you getting divorced? It doesn't matter—" Wilmer was confused. Why was she so focused on her husband if they were getting a divorce?

"Yes, it does! I haven't signed anything yet and if I want to fix things between us, you just ruined that!" The bottom line was he shouldn't have kissed Demi at all. Whether she was actually getting a divorce or not, they were working together. She was a professional. She kept her business and personal life separate.

"Just, leave, Wilmer." Demi begged. She couldn't handle this right now. The amount of stress she was going through was definitely going to affect her blood sugar and it could probably her back in the hospital.

"Demi, come on. Don't tell me you didn't feel something—"

"Just leave! Please. I can't do this." She couldn't even finish her sentence before crying again. This was all way too much. She was too old to have guys still kneeling down to her and begging for her to give them a chance. She didn't want Wilmer. She wanted Jesse.

Setting: Madison's Beach House in Malibu, California