Chapter 11: Best Friends

I rushed with my robes into Snape's classroom. I, of course, barely made it on time, and the burning of my lungs was evident of that fact.

Entering the room, I see tables for where the children participated in the labs and cauldrons filled with the leftovers from potions.

The room was slightly messy and unkempt, which was surprising, to say the least. Severus came to me as the kind of person who seemed more uptight and cleanly than whatever this room was.

"Professor," I called out, hoping to hear from him.

Then I begin to hear the subtle clinks of glass bottles and a low mummer. I begin to walk over towards the noise, smelling the faint scent of writing paper and mugwort.

The Professor was on his ladder with a small notebook in hand and a quill in the other. His quill moved steadily as he pointed at the bottles one by one accounting for each item on the shelf.

"Professor, I am here to serve my detention," I said softly.

He did not respond, only continuing his counting. So I repeated myself once again, this time a little bit louder.

"Professor, I am here to serve my detention," I exclaimed out.

He looked forward in irritation, then snapped the notebook with one hand. "Obviously, I know why you are here. And there is no need to shout when it is just you and I.

My cheeks flush slightly red in embarrassment. "Of course, I just thought you couldn't hear me," I said.

"Anyone could hear your voice Ms. Lupin; it is not that hard to miss," he says, opening back up his notebook scribbling into the pages.

I chuckled a bit, "I hope that is a good thing."

He does not respond, only looking further ahead of him ever so often picking up a bottle.

"So what am I supposed to do exactly," I asked.

Professor Snape rolled back his eyes in pure annoyance. "I do believe you have walked into my classroom with your own two feet, correct."

I nodded, not getting the point.

"And you saw the cauldrons at the tables," he said.

I nodded once more, still not understanding what he was saying.

"It is surprising to see that although you are one of the brightest students in potions, you could be so painfully unaware."

My head slowly started to piece the puzzles together, and as if a fire was lit in my head, I realized my task.

My face contorted, and my eyebrows narrowed. "So you are saying I have to clean up everything there by myself," I said in shock.

He nodded, not even glancing over at me. "I am glad Mr. Weasely's stupidity has not rubbed off on you."

I bit my tongue in order not to get in trouble. My mouth was telling me to give him a piece of my mind for insulting my friend; however, I was already in trouble, and I did not want to make matters worse on myself.

"However, I am not so cruel to have you do all that by yourself. Luckily there is someone else who will be joining you in your punishment," he says.

Who on earth could also have gotten in trouble with me. Then slowly, I smelled a hint of lavender and lemongrass enter.

"Did you open a bottle of lavender sir," I asked Professor Snape?

He slightly grinned, asking me why.