Chapter Two: Tea Time

Thanks again for reading, and I do hope you enjoy it. Please comment and vote. I would love to hear your thoughts!

Also, because it is Thanksgiving break, I will not be posting next week.

***

As we sat in the great hall, the hustle and bustle of new teacher-created lots of uproar. The choir began to sing with their toads.

Ron covered his mouth, trying to hide his laugh. Hermoine elbowed him, trying to reign his childish behavior. Harry and I laughed at their interaction with one another.

Looking at the teacher's table, I found my father and Professor Snape conversing with one another.

Professor Snape was a sour man who often was cruel to his students. He was a good teacher but scary.

I was somewhat curious as to why they were talking. Professor Snape had always given me a weird look; it was like he knew something that I did not.

As the song concludes, Dumbledore rises from his seats and begins his speech.

He wore grey robes, and his silver beard was long falling onto his stomach. Every year I swear it got longer.

"Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts!" He looked over with his hands wrapped around one another. " I have a few things to say before we become befuddled by our excellent feast. I myself am particularly looking forward to the flaming kiwi cups, which, while somewhat treacherous for those of us with facial hair."

Laughter is heard throughout. I snickered at this comment covering my mouth from this poor attempt at a joke.

Professor McGonagall did not seem amused and cleared her throat to bring him back on track.

"Mm. Yes. First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts." He pointed at father as he waved, smiling. "Good luck to you, Professor."

Claps and cheers were heard throughout. Hermoine, Ron, Harry, and I were the loudest to clap at him.

He noticed and looked across the room for me.

I could see the nervousness in my father's eyes, but as our eyes meet, he smiled.

I gave him a thumbs-up, reassuring him that he did a good job. I knew he appreciated this and seemed more at ease.

Hermoine smiled at this action, which made me blush from embarrassment. I pick my head up, trying to act cool and collected.

Hermoine spoke out, leaning into Harry across the table, trying to convey what she wanted to say, "Of course! That's why he knew to give you the chocolate, Harry."

I smiled, proud of my father.

Dumbledore opened his mouth again. "As some of you may know, Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher for many years, has decided to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs."

I laughed a little, remembering how clumsy he was with magical creatures.

His voice spoke out again, "Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce that his place will be filled by none other than our own Rubeus Hagrid!"

I looked at everyone, and we all smiled widely, happy at Hagrid being our new teacher. Hagrid was a great friend and was the funniest person I knew.

The tall giant became ruby red with all the attention and claps. It was cute seeing such a giant man like him get all shy.

He stands up, almost toppling the table and making some of the cups almost fall over, which caused him to go back down in embarrassment quickly.