Celebration of Love

Happy Reading 😊

Happy Reading 😊

---------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~---------------

It was 4 in the morning. My beautiful wife was sleeping beside me but I had to wake up for something. It's been two years still I feel all this is a dream. I was waiting for my alarm to ring while looking at her sleeping face. Soon she woke up checked the time on the phone lying beside her. I knew she will be waking up early that day. She always does this every year on that day.

I did asked her not to keep such fast but when Sai Joshi decides something who will dare to stop her.

But that year, She didn't knew I was also keeping fast for her. I don't know how long I will be able to keep that but I will try till the end.

She ran to take shower in our room. I too have to leave early so I went to take a quick shower in guest room's washroom. Then went to the kitchen to cook something for her. I quickly came back as I wanted to look at her getting all dressed for the early morning pooja.

"Good Morning" I wished her by hugging her from back

"Good Morning, but leave I don't have much time. I have to get ready for the pooja" 

"Haa toh who is stopping you. I am just helping you to get ready no?" I romantically said

"Virat Sir!!!!!!!! Please"

"Let me just apply sindoor on you then I will leave" I took small box from her and filled her hairline. She blushingly looked down and smiled. Little bit of it fell on her nose which made her to look even more beautiful.
I brushed my thumb to clean that from her nose.

"Why do you keep such fast? Fast can't decide how long a person lifespan" I questioned

"I know that. But there is something call faith and hope" she calmly answered

"Now if you done with your questions. Let me go down for Sargi, I have to cook  something and eat really fast" she said

Sargi is a food platter given to the daughter-in-law from her mother-in-law which contains fruits, traditional mathri, sweets, phirni, dry fruits, milk, sabji and paranthas. That women eats before sunrise. As we are living away from our family for a year  because of our work. She will have to do that on her own.  Soon we will moving back to Nagpur.

"You don't need to cook. I have got special warning from Aai for not letting you do anything today. I have already cooked something for you"

"You cooked??? Do you even know how to lit the gas burner? You might have asked your cook to do that" she doubted

"Areeeeee!!! Show atleast some trust to your husband?! I don't want to talk to you" I faked anger

"Achha baba Sorry, Chaliye ab! Aren't you getting late?" she cutely said 

We went down to our kitchen she decoratively  put every thing on her plate, did small pooja then went to the dining table.

Thankfully I had an early morning duty. So I made an excuse of having same plate of sargi with her other wise the great Sai Joshi would have caught me in a second.

"You are leaving without your lunch box?" she stopped me when I was about to make my safe exit

"I told you I am invited in an inauguration of an institute as a guest. You too have to join in? Remember? I will have my lunch there" I said, avoiding an eye contact

"Oh yes! See you in the afternoon then" She smilingly waved bye to me

"See you" I went on to quickly give a peck on her cheeks and left

No food was fine but no water was  really difficult. It was just 12 I had started feeling thirsty.

I had to give one lecture to college students on road safety. I shouted at the top of my lungs. I had one physical training session with the NCC cadets.  I was just remembering about her face and it was giving me strength.

During the inaugural function I somehow manages to escape by making an excuse that I already ate in police station.

I went back home little early than usual days. She was sitting downstairs while I was taking round of terrace every now and then to keep a check on Moon

Finally after longest day of my life the moon appeared in that dark sky.

She was dressed beautifully in yellow. I don't know whether that Saree was actually that good or she wearing it made it look like an angel wrapped in yellow. In the name of accessories she was only wearing mangalsutra and small earning. I couldn't resist myself from clicking her. I was long lost in the my wife's beauty even after living with her for more than two years. I still feel increase in my heartbeat whenever she looks at me with her love filed eyes. If my Aai was there she would have definitely put Kajal on her. 

After admiring her for long while she was doing the rituals

After admiring her for long while she was doing the rituals. After looking at the moon,  Sai looked at me through a sieve, and her eyes were filled with tears.

She gestured me to give water to her. I made her to drink water. She tuned back to look at the Moon. 

"Sai, I have a surprise for you. I have also kept fast" I slowly said

"What why????" she immediately turned to me in shock. Making her big eyes even bigger.

"You have talked so much today yaar even went on a field duty" she quickly took glass of water made me to all of it.

"Have this too" she stuffed my mouth with two pieces of Motichoor Ladoo in one go. I can sense concern in her voice.

"I am fine. I survived whole day without food and water. But now I am craving for something "  I said

"What??? Do you want to eat anything else?" she concernly asked

"Right now, A hug will do. I will tell you tell you the rest downstairs" I said with a naughty smile by spreading my arms

She immediately embraced and hugged me and said - I love you.

Every Karwa Chauth reminds me of  her face at that moment. Since then, whenever she hugs and says 'I love you' on every Karwa Chauth after a full day's fast, it feels like I can take all her problems upon myself for the coming year.

--------------☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆----------------

Thank you for Reading 🙏

Please don't forget to share your views on this one.

Do vote if you like this bonus chap.

Apologies for the delay. 🙏🙏

Will be back with some more bonus chap if you want to read more of it

Next chap is connected to this one.  Do read that along

Next- What a wife felt!