Chapter 8 - Connor's POV - Nov 5th, 2038, 11:45pm

Connor's POV

Nov 5th, 2038

11:45 pm

After a short drive in the Lieutenant's car, we arrived at the crime scene. He parked the car a few feet up the street before turning off the car.

"You wait here." He told me the second after he removed his keys from the ignition.

"I won't be long." He said as he tried to step out the car.

For a second, I froze as I tried to prosses his command, but I was getting conflicting commands. My mission was to help him investigate the deviants so I can't wait in the car. But I am also supposed to follow his commands.

"Whatever you say, Lieutenant." I answered him trying to be patient with him and what he wants me to do even though my internal processers where working over drive trying to figure out how to obey both orders.

"Fucking-A, whatever I say..." He mumbled as he stepped out of the car.

I could not tell from his reaction if he was pleased or upset with my answer.

Once he was outside the car I instantly started working through the conflicting orders. I would have to selecting priority. After a few seconds I knew the only option was to follow Lieutenant Anderson. I quickly exited the car and followed after him. There was a small crowd already gathered around and the house along with reporters and a large group of cops. I walked up to the yellow police tape and was stopped by one of the cops who stood there.

"Androids are not permitted beyond this point." He told me as he stopped me where I was.

"It's with me." Lieutenant Anderson told the officer who reluctantly let me past the tape.

"What part of stay in the car didn't you understand?" He asked me as I approached him.

"Your order contradicted my instructions- Lieutenant." I answered him.

"You don't talk, you don't touch anything, and you stay outta my way, got it?" He asked me.

"Got it." I answered not wanting to upset him further.

"Evening Hank. We were starting to think you weren't gonna show..." another detective said as he walked over to the two of us.

"Yeah, that was the plan until this asshole found me." The Lieutenant told the detective as he pointed to me.

"So...you got yourself an android, huh?" He said then headed back towards the front door of the house.

"Ohm very funny. Just tell me what happened." The Lieutenant told the Detective.

"We had a call around eight from the landlord. The tenant hadn't paid his rent for a few months, so he thought he'd drop by, see what was going on..." The Detective started to tell The Lieutenant as he continued to ignore me. "That's when he found the body."

The three of us walked threw the door and into the house that was crowded with other officers and I quickly got to work examining the crime scene. It did not take me long to put together what had happened here.

The victims name was Carlos Ortiz, he had a record for theft and aggravated assault...also a red ice addict. I found a large stash of it near his tv in the living room. There was a knife on the ground by the body a quick analyze and sample of the blood on it concluded this was the weapon used to kill Carlos. There were no fingerprints, on the knife that lead me to believe the killed was an android. I rubbed my fingers on the blood end of the knife getting a little on my fingers before placing it in my mouth. The sample of his blood confirmed his date of death, it was nineteen days ago.