Chapter 16 - Clover's POV - Nov 6th, 2038 - 8:20 am

Clover's POV

Nov 6th, 2038

8:20 am

A loud banging noise woke me up. I tried to shoot up to figure out what was going on, but I met resistance. I looked down to see Markus was lying there holding me in place. Its apparent that at some point into the night I rolled over onto him. I was surprised that he hadn't woke me up. But also, happy that he didn't. I haven't slept that good séance the accident. Did I make him uncomfortable? Did he not feel comfortable asking me to move?

The banging continued this time louder then before. Markus grip on me tightened as he looked in the direction of the noise.

"Where you expecting someone?" He asked in a tone I never heard before.

Is he worried about me? I thought as I looked at his tense body.

"No. What time is it?" I asked as I turned my head to look at my alarm clock but noticed that it was no longer there.

"Its 8:20 am." Markus told me.

"Shit I'm late." I said as I shot up as the banging on the door continued.

Markus got up after me as if he was going to follow me.

"Clover open the door or I'm breaking it down!" I heard my dad yelling from outside.

The fear melted away but now panic set in as I looked at Markus knowing my dad was outside. Markus was heading to the door. I don't know what he was going to do but I had to stop him.

"Markus wait." I said as I ran around in front of him.

He kept walking so I placed my hands on his chest and pushed him to a stop.

"Markus stop." I begged him.

He looked down making eye contact with me for the first time sense I woke up.

"Clover you have to the count of ten!" My dad yelled from behind the door.

"Who is that?" He asked me.

"Ten!" He yelled.

"Its my dad, the other cop whos hunting deviants, and your supposed to be dead." I reminded him.

"Nine!" He yelled again.

"Im so sorry. I didn't recognize his voice." He told me.

"Eight!"

"You need to hide." I told him.

"Seven!" He yelled again.

"Where?" He asked.

"Six!"

"In my bedroom closet." I told him.

"Five!"

"Go now." I said pointing to my room and thankfully he turned and hurried away.

"Four!"

"Shut up dad I'm coming!" I yelled as I ran over to the door.

I finally opened the door to see a very angry almost red in the face Hank Anderson standing there staring back at me.

"What the hell Clover! You gave me a heart attack!" He yelled at me.

"What are you even talking about?" I asked him.

"Imagine my shock when I got to the station on time for once to find out my daughter who is always on time wasn't there." He yelled at me. "I tried calling you and there was no answer! I called the hospital and they said you left early this morning. I thought something happened to you!" He yelled at me.