Chapter 11 - Markus's POV , Nov 6th 2038, 3:34am

Markus's POV

Nov 6th, 2038

3:34 am

When I was finally able to regain consciousness, I had no idea where I was. I was lying face down in a puddle. Everything around me was wet. I was outside and it was raining that much I knew but I couldn't bring myself to move no matter how much I tried. I had to do something before I shut down for good. I started to reboot myself and once it was done I finally able to push myself up enough to look around. My vision was fuzzy like static on an old tv. Everything was tinted red; all I could make out was I was in some sort of android landfill. My hearing was also off. Everything sounded far away, to far away to be normal.

I needed to know what's wrong so I could fix it, so I ran a diagnostic on myself. There where four clues about my damage that I could analyze.

The first thing I analyzed was my Optical unit I needed to know why I could not see. The analysis came back letting me know my vision was impaired, my mind palace had been corrupted. Probably from when the cop shot me.

The next thing I analyzed was my Audio Processor. It was corrupted and the audio data had been damaged. Probably from the same gunshot that damaged my Optical unit. I then analyzed the damage done to my Thirium pump regulator. All the systems where in low power mode, because they where defective. I had to find a replacement immediately or I would shut done and this time it would be permanent.

I then looked to my legs that had been severely damaged. My left and right leg components where missing, making it unable to stand. I needed to find spare parts so I started crawling through the mud hoping I would have enough time to fix my malfunctions. I needed to replace my legs, or I would never have enough strength or time to fix the rest of me.

I crawled for a few feet before I stumbled across a discarded leg that laid down in front of me. I analyzed the leg and was relieved to find that it was compatible for my right leg. I sat up as best I could and then removed the damaged part of my leg. I then picked up the other leg and used it to replace my original one. I had managed to replace my right leg and it was functioning now I needed to find a compatible match for my left leg.

I laid back on my stomach and continued to crawl forward. There were so many android parts lying around I was bound to find what I needed. I found a left leg component but when I scanned the leg it was damaged and incompatible. So, I pushed it aside and kept crawling forward. There was an android in my way, so I pushed him out of the way. When I did, I found that he was laying on a leg. I scanned it and it was a left leg component that was functional and compatible. I sat up and grabbed the leg and put it into place. Both of my legs where now functional. I moved them around a little just to check if they where functional before I stood up.

Escape Junkyard

I didn't know what was going to happen now, but I did know I had to get out of here. I looked around and tried to find an escape route but all I could see was hundreds no thousands of deactivated and broken androids. Some where still trying to move around. I tried to scan around to find the components that I needed but my scanner was not working. I stumbled around as I tried to get my bearings. One of the androids was stuck in the wall he reached out and grabbed hold of my wrist.

"There's a place where we can be free!" He yelled at me. "Find Jericho!"

He shared with me a picture of the word Ferndale.

"Find Jericho!" He yelled again before shutting down.

I walked past the android into a tight tunnel like corridor that was made from the compacted bodies of deactivated androids. A bunch of hands where sticking out and they came to life as I passed and tried to grab me. I made it a few feet farther when one grabbed me around the neck and put me into a choke hold.