Chapter 15 - Markus POV - Nov 6th, 2038 - 5:00am

Markus POV

Nov 6th, 2038

5:00 am

I sat on her couch for an entire ten minutes thinking over our entire conversation. No matter how many times I replayed it over in my head I couldn't understand her motivations. She should have no interest in helping a deviant like me. She should be apprehending me and bringing me in to be decommissioned. It did seem like she truly cared for me. Is it possible that a human could care for an android the way that they care for each other? To care for someone else, what does that even mean? I know I worry about Carl's health and worry about Clover's safety on the job. Does that mean I care for the two of them? Does Clover worry about me?

I looked over to her closed bedroom door and wondered if she was in there right now thinking about me. The longer I sat there the more I found myself thinking about her. I hated it out here. I was all alone on this couch and for the first time ever I realized how much I hated being alone. Back at Carl's I spent all day caring for him and all night planning out how I could care for him the next day. Now I had nothing to do, and the silence was frightening. I didn't like the uneasy feeling I had in the pit of my stomach. I didn't want to be out here any longer. I didn't want to be away from her.

Before I knew what I was doing my body reacted on its own. I was walking towards her bedroom. I didn't want to just barge into her room that would be rude. So, I knocked softly on her door hopping that it wasn't loud enough to wake her up even though I really wanted her to answer the door. After a few seconds I could hear movement from the other side of the door. Shortly after the door opened and Clover stood there in a white tang top and black shorts.

"Markus what's wrong? Is everything okay?" She asked me and I instantly felt guilty for worrying her.

"No, nothing is wrong. I just..." I started to say but didn't actually know how to finish that sentence. I had no real reason for knocking on her door.

"Markus its fine, you can tell me anything." She told me kindly as she opened her door all the way.

"I'm just not used to having nothing to do. I don't like being alone." I told her truthfully.

I watched as her eyes looked past me and down the hall to the couch.

"I'm sorry your tired I shouldn't have bugged you." I told her as I realized I was probably bugging her.

"Shut up and just come in here." She told me as she walked across the room and climbed back into her bed.

I just stood there confused. What was she trying to say? Did she want me to sit in the chair near her window or did she want me to get in bed with her? No that would be weird.

"Markus are you coming or not. I need to get some sleep. I have to wake up in an hour to get ready for work." She told me as she held up the blanket so I could climb in next to her.

"You want me to get in your bed?" I asked her.

"You said you didn't want to be alone and I need to sleep. So, you can come in here with me so you don't have to be alone, and I can sleep or leave." She snapped at me, and I could not help but smile at the fact that she apparently gets cranky when she's tired.

I walked over and sat down on her bed with my back resting against the headboard. She tossed the blanket over my legs and then closed her eyes so she could fall back asleep. I looked at the blanket that was covering my legs and wondered if she thought I got cold. Or if it was just a natural thing to do so she wasn't even thinking and just acted on instinct.

"Markus." Her voice called out pulling my attention back to her.

She laid in the same spot but was looking at me.

"Yes?" I asked her.

"Can you lay the fuck down. Its weird that your just sitting there." She told me.

"Sorry." I answered and I quickly laid down next to her placing my head on the extra pillow she was not using.

After a few moments she was asleep, and the sound of her soft snores filled the room. I looked over to her sleeping face and smiled at how peaceful she looked while she was asleep. I don't think I have ever seen her so calm in the years that I have known her. As I watched her sleep, I noticed how beautiful she really was. I noticed before that she had above standard looks by human standers but until now, I never noticed how beautiful she was to me. I found myself admiring the curves of her face, and fullness of her lips, the shape of her eyes. Everything about her was perfect like one of Carl's paintings.

I must have lost track of time for the first time in my existence because I was pulled out of my thoughts when her alarm went off to wake her up to get ready for work. She let out a moan that almost sounded like she was in pain as she rolled over still half asleep and punched her alarm clock so hard it not only shut off but broke. Before I could move to check if her hand was okay, she quickly rolled over and right into me.

I laid there frozen for a few seconds not sure of what to do. Her head was now resting on my chest with one of her arms thrown over my stomach and one of her legs intertwining with mine. Should I wake her? Should I move her? Would she be mad if I moved her? Would she be mad at me if I didn't?

"Clover its time to wake up." I said softly as used my arm she wasn't lying on to try and softly wake her up.

In response she just groaned and moved in closer to me. Her body was now pressed directly into mine. There was no space left between the two of us.

"You have work." I tried waking her again.

"Fuck work." She mumbled before falling back asleep.

I knew I should wake her up. I knew I should move away from her, but I didn't want to. Instead, I wrapped my arms around her. The one she was lying on was tangled softly in her hair holding her head against my chest and my other was wrapped around her waist holding her in place. I knew she would be mad at me when she woke up but right now, she needed sleep and I couldn't bring myself to disturb her from her peaceful state. That's what I told myself to try and make sense of all these new feelings I was experiencing. The truth was I like having her in my arms and knew once she woke up, she would leave. And I don't want her to leave.