Part 3 - Detective Queen

Teeny's Pov

I walked into the drug store rushing over to the newspaper stand, there was a bunch of new papers, I flicked through them searching for any updates on Helena's murder. Nothing so far, but it was only the first paper I still had at least three to go through. I got through the next two quite as well, still nothing. Then as I reached for the last one the most annoying voice in  the whole fucking world went "well, well, well. Look who we have here!" 

I whipped around to see Jordan Phillips smirking at me, he leant against the bookshelf checking me out, prick. "What do you want Phillips." I snapped not in the moods for his stupid insult-compliments, not that I was ever in the mood. "Nothing, I just wanted to say hello." he said shrugging, in fake innocence. 

"You said it, bye now!" I replied pushing past him, he grabbed the newspaper out of my hands, "I never saw you as much of a newspaper girl Anita."he mused flipping through the pages. I glared at him, I hated being called Anita, then again I didn't want him calling me Teeny either. "Give. It. Back!" I growled lunging for it, he laughed pulling away as my fingers brushed against the paper. His height being an obvious advantage. 

"Say please." he teased holding it just out of my reach, I glowered at him, "No." and then I lunged leaping up and trying to grab it, I missed. "Thats all you have to do Annie, say please and it's all yours." he said nonchalantly, as if I were a child who didn't understand manners. "Fuck you!" I snapped trying to grab it again, he shot me a look of fake hurt, "now that didn't sound anything like please, let's try again shall we Annie?" 

"Don't call me Annie!" I warned him trying to grab it again. 

He laughed holding it even further out of my reach, "oh would you rather I called you Teeny?" 

"No. I'd rather you didn't call me anything all, in fact id rather you didn't talk to me!" I replied angrily. 

His smirk crumpled for a second but then returned almost as if it hadn't happened, "say please Anita." 

I sighed, this game of his was getting too boring and I had kept Gabby waiting with my infuriating cousin and his friends for way too long. "Please." I said clearly so he wouldn't make me repeat it. Now his smirk was replaced by a look of shock, he clearly hadn't been expecting for me to give in. He handed me the newspaper running his fingers through his hair, "see ya round Martins." 

I rolled my eyes and said nothing before paying for the newspaper and walking back down to the sandlot. When I got there there the game was already in full swing, "TEENY!" Gabby shrieked causing Yeah-yeah to miss. I snorted before turning to Gabby, "hey Gabs!"

I sat down next to her, I could see she'd laid out every source and set up our note books snacks and food, "What took you so long, I've been watching them play for ages now!" Gabby complained, although I knew she didn't mind that much, in fact she was quite good at baseball, but for some weird reason she never played with the Sandlot boys. Normally Gabby claimed it was because she didn't want to play with Benny, but she had once told me she didn't want to take that from her brother too, but never said anything about it again. I knew better than to push her about it. 

"I'll let you guess once," I muttered frustratedly returning my attention to our conversation. She rolled her eyes and made a face, "Phillips." I nodded, "ding ding ding! Ten points to Miss McLennan!" 

Gabby snorted before handing me my pen, "lets get started then." 

I took it and we started writing everything down, close family age what happened at the diner club thing, the papers had even published the coroners report. I hadn't told Gabby yet, because I knew her empathy would get in the way,  but I also planned on asking the girls and boys who had been with Helena that night what had happened that night.