Part 17 - Liar, Liar.

Benny. 

I couldn't belive we had to stoop this low, but the girls had cut us out ice cold so we didn't have much of a choice. I knocked on the door reluctantly already regretting this stupid idea. It swung open to reveal an extremely confused Phillips standing behind it. "What the hell do you want?" He asked confused. 

"The girls aren't talking to us and are pretending not to investigate anymore and we just wanted to know if you were being kept in the loop an all since you're you know... Teeny's boyfriend." I explained. 

He rolled his eyes, "try not to look too put out when you say that. And no, as much as I would like to rub in your face that they've let me join in Teeny hasn't told me shit. She point blank refuses to talk about it any time I bring it up, which is so uncharacteristic because she's a massive chatterbox most of the time."

That much was true. There was no one who liked to gossip like Teeny did. "It's such bullshit though, as if they stopped investigating." Yeah-yeah muttered rolling his eyes. 

"Of course it's fucking bullshit." Phillips muttered, "those three couldn't stay away from it if they tried. Gabby almost died for it and she still can't help herself, it's basically chronic." 

Yeah-yeah snorted at the comment, "yeah yeah, well my sister is chronically insane so it's not exactly a surprise." 

"Aren't you twins?" Phillips asked frowning, "shouldn't you have inherited some of that? You were on the roof with her afterall."

"Inherited my sister's deathwish? The only reason I was even up there to begin with was because she was stupid enough to go in for a closer look." He muttered shaking his head, "she's such a reckless idiot sometimes it's insane. That isn't even the worst of what she's done." 

Phillips rasied his eyebrow, "she's done worse than run into a potential murder's house?" he moved aside to let us insid his house. And to my surprise I walked inside taking a seat in his kitchen. 

"Oh yeah yeah, sometimes she just disappears for days on end and comes back looking like she she got into it with a pack of wolves. My mother calls Gabby a free spirit, I call her a psycho." he muttered, "you guys are so lucky you don't have twin sisters."

"At least she keeps things interesting." I pointed out. 

"Never a dull moment with my sister, that much is true." He agreed, "at least she's not a total brat either, she just likes to be left alone which nice for me." 

"You know what we should do?" Phillips asked suddenly, "we should catch those little liars in the act." 

Yeah-yeah and I exchanged surprised looks, "that's not a bad idea. Only we don't know where they're going to be next." 

"It can't be too hard to figure out." He pointed out. They're probably at Teeny's because Bertram is the least crazy about this of all of you so he won't even notice."

Also very true, he and Teeny had a weird relationship. In all fairness Betram also had a weird as fuck mother so that probably helped. Mrs Grover-weeks was a special woman. "Lets get going then." 

We grabbed our bikes and followed Phillip's vespa down the road, he had been so pissed when he had to take our bikes up the road to get it back from where Gabby had left it. When we arrived at Teeny's we could see their bikes parked outside her house. We barged in the door straight past Bertram who was lazily watching the TV. 

I ripped open Teeny's bedroom to see them shoving a bunch of notebooks into a bag, they threw  it at Gabby who all but jumped out of the window to get away from us. I ran up to the widow sill to see her land on the grass agile as usual before running off. 

Regretting every move I leapt out of the window after rollin when I hit the grass to absorb the impact, I sprinted after her down the road. I had forgotten how incredibly fast she was, she would make a great baseball player with speed like that - stop. Now was not the time for that, plus she'd made it perfectly clear to all of us she had little to no interest at all to play with us. 

I picked up my pace as she turned the corner slowly starting to catch up with her, when I finaly did I grabbed the plastic bag ripping it apart. Three brightly coloured books with their names written on them in glitter glue tumbled out and Gabby burst out laughing, "you thought! As if we're would be that stupid if we were investigating, which we're not." 

I glared at her picking up the notebook to make sure she hadn't secretly painted the cover of hers but it checked out, it was some sort of diary which could have interested me less. "Why did you run then?" I asked her annoyed. 

She grinned, "I thought it would be really funny that's all. And it was." 

"If you're not investigating then why won't you give us the notebooks for safe keeping? Seeing as you don't need them anyways." I continued. 

"Because we don't trust you not to investigate if you have them." Gabby replied as she gathered up the rest of the notebooks twisting the plastic bag into some sort of knapsack for the books to be held in. "Don't worry they're being safely kept out of trouble." 

I snorted, "some how I seriously doubt that." 

Gabby shot me a grin over her shoulder, "well that's your choice isn't it." She checked her watch and groaned, "okay, unfortunately I have places to be and I'm already late but I will most likely see you later stalker." 

With that she took off down the street, I followed her of course but before I could reach her she had already made it to the train station and had jumped into one of the moving train carriages. I had no idea what she was doing but I had to give her credit, we both kew there was no way that I could keep up with her now.