Part 5 - Meanwhile

I included their outfits in the image above incase you want to see them, feel free to imagine something else if you dont like them :)

Gaby's pov:

I walked up to Bella hugging her from behind, she turned around grinning at me, "Hey Gaby!" she said hugging me back. "Since Teeny isnt here to-" I started but I was cut off by Benny, "McLennan! You're holding up the game!" he snapped walking over to us Allan and Squints following behind like usual. 

I sighed, "I was talking Rodriguez, besides you have plenty of players and Bella's just on first base you know perfectly well that you can send that ball in any direction you want, it really doens't matter if one of your players is momentarily busy." I replied before turning back to Bella, "anyways, I was going to go swimming and then get some ice cream, d'you wanna come?" I asked her. 

She nodded, "yeah sure, sounds great, it's wayy too hot to play anyways." we walked back to the dug out to get her stuff, "Scotty! Tell mom I'm with Gaby if I don't see you before I get home!"she yelled to her. He gave her a thumbs up and then the two of us made our way to the exit of the Sandlot. 

"Hey! Gab where do you think you're going!" Allan called after me, "Mom said you're not allowed to go to the pool alone, not after last time!" 

I rolled my eyes, "that was five years ago Allan, besides I'm not alone I'm with Bella."  I replied crossing my arms, he shook his head, "nuh-uh Gab, we're coming with you." he said putting down the bat and walking up to me. I scoffed, "the hell you are! Allan, it's the pool not San Fernando jail, we'll be fine, and other than that we don't want you to come!" 

"Yeah-yeah we are!" He replied in a steely tone, "Squints needs to go to the pool anyways." he told me in matter-of-factly tone. I raised my eyebrows, "Oh really? And why is that?" I asked crossing my arms too, Squints nodded backing my brother up, "today is going to be monumental." 

I scowled at them, "learn a new word Squints?" I mocked, then I turned back to my brother, how come he was all over protective, last time I checked he didnt give a rats ass what happened to me! "We dont need you to baby sit us!" 

Bella nodded, "exactly, besides we're perfectly capabel of taking care of ourselves Yeah-yeah!" 

He nodded, "you dont even know your way around this town much less the people in it hunny, how do you expect to take care of yourselves if you cant even make it to the pool on your own." 

Bella scowled at him, "are you always this annoying?" she snapped, I nodded, "unfortunately he is. Why can't you be more like Smalls Allan? He's normal, and doesn't change personalities every five seconds, he doesn't go from oh, go away! I don want you here to, you can't go to the swimming pool by yourself  and I need to escort you in under two seconds! Besides no one else in your little group even wants to go to the pool excpet for Squints who likes to oggle at Wendy Peffercorn like a little perv!"