Part 13 - Scary House - part 2

Gabby.

I don't think I had ever been this close to Benny, we were pressed so close together that I had to turn my head to the left and Benny had to turn his to the right or we would basically be kissing. 

It was so incredibly akward I wanted to kill myself, Teeny would tell me to make the most of the situation and tell Benny to make out with me and Bella would agree with her. But I was not Teeny or Bella, and I was not a hopeless romantic either, I didn't understand how movies could make scenes like this seem so adorable. Those poor characters. We strained our ears to see if Julian, Max or the girl were close but I couldn't hear anything. 

Then I heard a bang and a scream, "WHERE IS MY PICTURE?" 

I froze, and looked down at my hand that was tightly fisted around the picture I had stolen from her room. Shit. Benny noticed it too and lightly banged his head against the back of the dumbwaiter. "Shit." 

My thoughts exactly. 

"I TOLD YOU TO GET A KNIFE FROM MY ROOM NOT LOOK THROUGH MY STUFF!" 

I cringed at the sound of her voice, I hadn't even realised she had come  upstairs. Why had she? "We didn't take your stuff ok, calm down you probably lost it." Max or Julian yelled back. "Why are you even up here we have to go!" 

"I'm up here because I don't trust you and with good reason obviously, I want that picture back before tonight." The girl snapped, then she slammed a door and stomped downstairs Julian and Max following behind. 

"What are the chances this thing goes to the basement?" I asked nervously, the last thing I wanted was to go anywhere in this rickety little box but I wanted to go to the basement and I couldn't exactly waltz in so this would have to do. 

Benny shrugged making it shake a little, "probably eight out of ten." 

"Good enough for me. So make it go." I replied pushing my back into the wall and closing my eyes. 

"Do you want to say a prayer or maybe make a cross too scardey cat?" Benny teased. 

"Shut up!" I snapped, "stop being a smart ass and take us down to the basement."

"As you wish princess." He taunted. 

Benny was lucky that there wasn't enough space between us for me to punch him in the face. 

Bella. 

I felt useless as hell sitting out there. 

Gabby. 

The dumb waiter landed with a tiny thud on the bootom floor, I peered through one of the cracks to see the three of the opening the freezer, their faces were out of sight but I could see their hands. 

They pulled out the plastic bag that held the hand in it and unzipped it, it took a couple minutes but an ungodly smell spread throughout the room, I gagged and pulled my shirt over my nose. Benny did the same. 

We watched horrified as the girl pulled out her knife and used it to pry apart the hand cracking the dried blood on the skin. When she snapped one of the finger bones I almost threw up. It was a disgusting sound. 

"Pull yourself together McLennan!" Benny hissed, but  he looked a little sick too too. 

When they finally had the hand open the girl pulled out a gold bracelet that had been covered in blood, I squinted to make out an small charm that hung off of it but I could barely make out what was etched on it. An M maybe?

And that's when Benny and I started coughing. 

Not on purpose but there was so much dust inside the dumbwaiter that it was almost impossible not to, I had been holding it in the whole time, and so had he apparently.