Part 12 - The Scary House - Part 1

Benny.

I had always known that Gabby was reckless but this, oh my god! We were chasing killers on Phillips rickety old bike and we were around ten minutes out of the Valley by now. "Gabby what if this thing runs out of gas?" 

She shook her head, "the tank is full, stop stressing." she muttered turning the corner up the road. Just outside the valley there was a string of really old houses owned by some rich grumps who barely showed their faces, if I was right we would find the first of the ten just around the corner.

It was a big white woodpanneled house with a blue slate roof and a big wooden door. It looked really old and a bit shabby. The car stopped but Gabby drove on, "what are you doing?" I hisseed. 

"We just followed them all the way here and all of a sudden we stop when they stop, I don't know if you noticed but they've been trying to shake us off for the last half an hour, we have to drive past and make it seem like we're just some rich kids from around the area." She explained as she parked up the rode so that the moped was hidden from the house's sight. 

"Now we break in." She replied pulling some flashlights out of her bag and handed me one. "I hope your fucking joking." I replied as we approached the house. 

She shook her head, "no, but you don't have to come in with me." We walked up to the gate. I scoffed, "and have Yeah-yeah skin me alive because you died doing something incredibly stupid? I'll take my chances inside thanks." 

I knew I could never stop her so the only option I had was to go with her, we hid behind the hedge that grew over the gate until the two boys had gone inside the house. I moved forwards but she grabbed me back, "wait, look, theres a girl standing in that window up there, she'll see us!" I looked to where Gabby was pointing and I could vaguely make out a face watching the garden below her. 

Then she turned around and walked away, "now we go." Gabby whispered walking over to the gate. She grabbed onto the railings and hauled herself upwards stepping into the little intricate patterns in the gate, "come on!" she whispered. 

I nodded and grabbed onto the bars following her up and the over the gate, we sprinted across the grass and out of sight from the windows. "Well it's not like we can waltz in through the front door and and declare we're here. The question is how else to we get in?" I muttered. 

Gabby nodded prying at the windowns that looked into the dusty basement, she pulled out a switch blade and jammed it into the crack in the window before I helped her pull it open. "the answer to your question is the window."

Bella.

We went back to the diner where Teeny and Jordan had eaten to figure out what we could about where they were going. Teeny came back to join us a second later holding a map of the vally in her hand. She sat down next to me and spread the map out on the table. 

I handed her a sharpie from my bag and then grabbed one for myself, "ok," Teeny started, "so after they left the parking lot they went..." 

"Left." I filled in, she made an arrow branching left on her map, "ok and we all know that left either leads to a gas station before it circles back around to the town itself or it goes-."

"To the highway." Yeah-yeah interrupted. 

I nodded, "so we need to split up, half of us will take our bikes and snoop around at the gast station and the other half, what's behind the highway?"

"The exit to San Fernando, a library and those old rickety houses... Unless they crossed over properly into the next town." Jordan said looking at the map. 

"Then we need to split up into three groups, one third of us will go to the gas station, the smallest portion of us will take the in road to the library and the rest will cycle up to the rickety houses, we'll assume for now they didn't go all the way into town because thats way to far by bike." I told everyone.