Part 15 - Hospital bed

Bella. 

Everyone esle who had been at the house was driven to the hospital in the ambulance, they only wanted to talk to Gabby and Yeah-yeah. Which was fair enough. Teeny and the others met us there once we'd sent around a call. 

"What's wrong with him?" she asked coming to sit with me, "what happened?" 

"The doctors said he has a concussion," I explained, "he's still in some kind of coma, it's really bad. His mother is so pissed."

She sucked in a breath through her teeth, "jesus christ. I never thought anything like this would happen when we started the stupid project. I mean..." 

I shook my head, "no one could have guessed. Besides none of us acually expected those psychos to try and burn us to a crisp." 

Still it was bad. We'd gotten in way over our heads and now I wasn't quite sure if i could bring myself to step out, I was invested. If my parens found out however we'd be as good as dead. I wondered how the twins were holding up at the station, they'd been gone for a while. 

Although it seems i spoke to soon because moments later the two of them came crashing through the door, "Where is he?" 

"Is he alright?" 

"Is he even awake?" 

"Have they said anything?"

Clearly their heads were spinning. Gabby's hand flew to her mouth when she saw him in the hospital bed and yeah-yeah stopped dead in his tracks. I had forgotten what a shock the inital sight was, he looked far paler than usual and there were IV's sticking into him. Blood had begun to seep into his head bandage. He looked a lot like a corpse. Wich right now was a subject far too close for comfort. 

"What the fuck." Yeah-yeah muttered going over to stand with him, "I mean... What. The. Fuck. Have they said when he'll wake up yet?" 

"Not a word. They're not even sure he can hear us." 

Yeah-yeah jumped at the sound of Mrs Rodriguez's voice. I think it was the first time I'd actually heard her speak in the last hour. She seemed a lot more sympathetic towards him. 

"Hi Mrs Rodriguez." Yeah-yeah muttered turning to her, "I am so, so sorry."

She shook her head tears forming in the cornners of her eyes, "it's not your fault my idiot son had to go and give himself a concussion." But it didn't come out as strong or angry as I think she'd intended it to. She turned to Gabby, "and don't even begin to think it's yours honey, my son has complete autonomy over his own decisions, he chose to break in.

Everyone looked distraught, even Phillips who hadn't moved away from Teeny looked horrified. He and Benny had clearly never gotten along, but still no one would have expected that to happen to him. 

It was hard to fill the silence that fell after that, because frankly ther was nothing to say, we had all screwed up and we knew it. This was something way bigger than us and we had let our egos get way ahead of us. But I could see from the looks Teeny and Gabby were passing eachother this was far from over. 

They excused themselves waving me over so that we could go out into the hall. "So what's going on?" I asked confused. 

"Listen, Teeny and I have decided that even though we're so much trouble, we're in too deep, and we can't give up now. But if you dont feel the same, you can walk, really theres no press-." 

I cut her off, "forget it. I'm still in." 

Teeny beamed at me, "great. But, theres a catch. No one but us can know. No siblings, no boyfriends, no friends, outside of the three of us no one knows what's going on. Okay?"