Tubbo and Ranboo sat in comfortable silence. Tubbo watched their hands, Ranboo's thumb running over the top of his.

"You know, you're- you're very special to me Tubbo. If I could choose to be platonically married to any person on earth, it'd still be you. You're my favorite person," Ranboo said, looking towards Tubbo. Their eyes met, hazel ones on small gray ones.

"You too, Ranboo. You're my best friend," Tubbo said. Another moment of silence. "...I get to go home tomorrow. The doctors have been asking me a lot of questions."

"About your..."

"Yeah," Tubbo sighed. His grip on Ranboo's tightened a little more. "They think I'm probably depressed."

"Yeah."

"Yeah..." another bout of silence filled the room like the soft yellow glow of the lamp in the corner of the room, the only sound being the boys' soft breathing.

"Do you need a hug?" Ranboo asked.

"Yeah, get over here boss man," Tubbo replied, moving over in his hospital bed. "I think I need a cuddle after... after everything." Ranboo barely hesitated before crawling in beside Tubbo, pulling the thin, white blanket over the both of them.

"I hope that you don't feel like this someday," Ranboo said, hand dancing over one of his bandaged arms.

"Me too," Tubbo whispered. "I don't want to keep feeling like- like- I'm not... important, I guess. Or like a waste of space."

"It's not true, Tubbo. You know that's not true, and it never has been true."

"I know it isn't true, at least I think so, but the difficult part is feeling it, you know? I don't know... does that make sense?" Tubbo said, voice beginning to get syrupy with tiredness.

"Yeah, it makes sense. I understand, Tubs," ranboo replied. Tubbo rested his head against Ranboo's chest and Ranboo wrapped an arm around Tubbo's back, holding him securely but gently.

"Go to sleep now, Tubbo. You can sleep," he whispers comfortingly. The last thing Ranboo heard from him was a 'mhm' before he fell asleep, and not too soon later Ranboo was asleep too, his chin tucked over Tubbo's head.

—-

"Tubbo, I brought you and Ranboo some-" Tubbo's mom stopped talking mid sentence, realizing that Tubbo and Ranboo were both asleep, cuddled up in the hospital bed. She smiled and quietly put down the plastic bag of food she had brought for the boys, holding her finger over her mouth as a way to tell the others to be quiet.

"See I told you that Bee Boy has favorites," Tommy snickered, elbowing Wilbur. Wilbur shushed him. His chest felt warm seeing the two boys asleep in each other's arms. It was like seeing his two little brothers, not just his friends. It made him think that maybe things will be ok after all.

"Too bad there isn't enough room for the three of us, I'd join in too," Tommy said playfully.

"It's getting pretty late, are you boys gonna head back to your hotel?" Tubbo's father asked, sitting back down in his chair, pulling out a crossword puzzle.

"Yeah, I think so," Wilbur said, glancing over at Tommy, who nodded in agreement. "I woke up earlier than I usually do today."

"Yeah me too," Tommy said, rocking on his feet.

"Alright, have a good night boys," Tubbo's mother said, walking over to the two to give them each a hug. "And thank you, both of you, for being here these past couple of days. It means a lot to us."

"It's no problem, I want to be here... for everyone," Wilbur replied. Tubbo's mom gave him one last hug before letting him leave with Tommy.

"I'm a little nervous, you know," Tommy said as they walked side by side. "That Tubbo's getting out of the hospital, I mean. We didn't know about anything that was going on with him, what if there's more we don't know?"