|RESEARCH WORK|

The book's main character is autistic. Listed below are articles that have been used for my research work to base Lilah's character on. If you're autistic and find any information to be wrong, please let me know. My job is to create awareness and not spread lies about such people.

ARTICLE #1
WEBSITE  - Autismspeaks.org
ARTICLE TITLE - Signs of Autism at any age
FINDINGS -

Loss of previously acquired speech, babbling or social skills

Avoidance of eye contact

Persistent preference for solitude

Difficulty understanding other people’s feelings

Delayed language development

Persistent repetition of words or phrases (echolalia)

Resistance to minor changes in routine or surroundings

Restricted interests

Repetitive behaviors (flapping, rocking, spinning, etc.)

Unusual and intense reactions to sounds, smells, tastes, textures, lights and/or colors

ARTICLE #2
WEBSITE- WebMD
ARTICLE TITLE- Parenting a child on the Autism Spectrum
FINDINGS-

Focus on the positive.
Stay consistent and on schedule.
Put play on the schedule.
Give it time.
Take your child along for everyday activities. 

ARTICLE #3
WEBSITE- WebMD
ARTICLE TITLE- What is Autism?
FINDINGS-

People with autism have trouble with communication. They have trouble understanding what other people think and feel. This makes it hard for them to express themselves, either with words or through gestures, facial expressions, and touch.
People with autism might have problems with learning. Their skills might develop unevenly. For example, they could have trouble communicating but be unusually good at art, music, math, or memory. Because of this, they might do especially well on tests of analysis or problem-solving.

ARTICLE #4
WEBSITE- NHS UK
ARTICLE TITLE- SIGNS OF AUTISM IN ADULTS
FINDINGS-

finding it hard to understand what others are thinking or feeling

getting very anxious about social situations

finding it hard to make friends or preferring to be on your own

seeming blunt, rude or not interested in others without meaning to

finding it hard to say how you feel

taking things very literally – for example, you may not understand sarcasm or phrases like "break a leg"

having the same routine every day and getting very anxious if it changes

ARTICLE #5
WEBSITE- HEALTHLINE
ARTICLE TITLE- UNDERSTANDING AUTISM IN WOMEN
FINDINGS-
P.S. Symptoms in women tend to be slightly different hence why they are harder to diagnose with autism according to studies.

more social difficulties and trouble interacting

less of an ability to adapt

less of a tendency to become hyper-focused on a subject or activity

more emotional problems

more cognitive and language problems

more problem behaviors, such as acting out and becoming aggressive

ARTICLE #6
WEBSITE - PSYCHCENTRAL
ARTICLE TITLE - How Autism affects family
FINDINGS-
• SIBLINGS

Siblings of an autistic child can also be affected. Buerkens says that some siblings may get less attention from their parents. Others may express a concern for the well-being of both their parents and the autistic sibling.
While some siblings may feel frustration or resentment toward their autistic sibling, others may feel protective of them.

• PARENTS

In Buerkens’ experience, oftentimes families feel guilty for having a range of emotions regarding their child’s autism diagnosis, including fear, anxiety, and frustration. They might not know how best to support their child, or whom they can trust regarding treatment and support.

ARTICLE #7
WEBSITE- Autism.org.uk
ARTICLE TITLE- Having an autistic partner
FINDINGS-

Not everybody is the same, but for autistic people, things like picking up on traditional social rules and body language, understanding their own feelings, and sensory processing may not always come naturally. At times, this could lead to misunderstandings within a relationship, or you may find that your partner says or does something that is unintentionally hurtful. This can be difficult to deal with.  
Having an autistic partner may mean having to help them with social interaction, particularly around unwritten social rules. 
We want to stress that autistic people are just as capable of having loving and successful relationships as non-autistic people.  
However, there may be adjustments that you need to make, such as thinking about the way you communicate with your autistic partner. You may have the additional responsibility of helping them to manage their money, employment or supporting them to advocate.   

- I'll keep adding more information as I find it.
- I hope these help out, and help understand how Lilah and those around her are shaped.