|29|

• Taimoor •

They had flown in from Lahore at seven in the morning, and as soon as they landed on Roman soil all of them save for Lilah let out sighs of relief. The reception had been an extravagant affair, however, duty called and they had to rush back. Saying goodbye had been a teary event as Lilah sobbed into the arms of her family once more, making them promise that they would come visit her often before she came to stand by his side. His arms had wrapped around her frame in silence, offering her the support she needed.

Taimoor smiled at the sight of Lilah inside his bed. They had decided she would rent out her apartment and move in to his penthouse that was nearer to both their offices. Not a lot of changes were required seeing as the place was already furnished by her but at that time he would have never imagined she would be his bride — the woman that would be the mistress of his household. As soon as they had arrived to their own place, the two had crashed dozing off for a few hours, the tiredness from the past week catching up with them in an instant.

He was the first one to wake up, his eyes running over the large glass window. The doors thrown open to let gentle breeze pass through, white linen curtains moved with the breeze, swaying near the entire span of the bedroom. It was around seven in the morning and the sun had already begun to rise, with stars still lingering here and there. They twinkled in the distant like a small dusting of glitter on a place not needed. Foaming of clouds around the edges of the light blue sky, made it look like a calm ocean, right before a storm tears through.

His fingers brushed through Lilah's soft hair, twirling them and twisting them. Engrossed in deep thought he pursed his lips. Frowning at the window, his hands stilled inside her hair. His stomach made a deep rumbling sound, the color of his sun-kissed cheeks turning red at that. It was embarrassing, he thought, what if Lilah had been awake and heard it? Chuckling to himself at the consciousness he felt, he slid out of bed, in search of food. He wrapped a silken robe around his body, hiding his toned chest lest someone be present outside.

Aroma of freshly cooked food teased his nostrils as he turned the corner towards the kitchen. His feet smacking the centrally heated floors, warming him up from the toes and above. The white marble island was covered in a long spread of food, the maids removing their lids and warming them on the stove. He nodded in the direction of a few, his gaze running over the elaborate spread.

"Mamma sent this?"

"Yes sir, the driver just dropped it off. Would you like us to serve it in the dinning room or the greenhouse?"

"Greenhouse," he turned around, scrunching his face as he thought of Lilah's upset face, "please".

The maids nodded, scurrying around the kitchen as they carried the dishes towards the greenhouse. He observed their motions, looking at them in great contemplation before making his way back into their bedroom, Lilah's form already stirring under the sheets. Seating himself beside her, he brushed his thumb across her cheeks, lazy smile working it's way on to her sleep swollen face.

"Buongiorno la metà migliore". He kissed her forehead.

"I did not understand what you just said". She whispered in return.

"Good morning my better half".

"Good morning Taimoor," she blushed in return.