|24|

• Taimoor •

Time was an immortal measurement in the realm that had him trapped. It was an illusion, a thought so distant that wondering of those who waited for him was an impossibility. In the green, lush foliage that had been his newfound home, he had found solace in, from the pain and fear that covered his senses black in his life. Here everything was pure and pristine, starry eyed he could see the clear glass like pale blue skies without so much as a worry of his next meeting. Here his days were filled with silence and nights with peace. Here there was no longing — only fulfillment.

Taimoor could somewhat understand how his family might be feeling. He may have been hated by the media and general public for defying all laws that were built for businessmen but atleast to them, he was family. They were bound to accept him, cherish him. Yet the longer the last hanging petal held on, the more Taimoor wanted to stay back and leave the vessel of his life forever. He wanted nothing more than to stay amongst the woody branches and marvel on the chocolate covered berries that grew on the shrubs — one of his wildest childhood dreams coming true.

The old man who had given him the glass covered rose had not returned ever since the first day, nor did he search for him. Taimoor was content in the peace and did not wish for the man to play with his head any longer. As the sun of his dreamy state lowered, Taimoor rested himself against the wooden log he had claimed as his home, his eyes staring up at the slightly darker sky stunning glittery stars appearing already. Rivaling the brightness of the morning star, as if bullying it to succumb to their desires.

The perpetual loss of memory that occurred as his stay in his own cultivated land prolonged saved him from unnecessary harm, or so he thought. With his head at an awkward angle, he could feel his spinal cord throb under the medulla. His fingers scratched the back of his head, the tips adding just the lightest of pressures on to the tense muscles, smoothening them. He took a deep breath filling his lungs to the top with the crisp fresh air, the likes of which he had never breathed in. His heels dug themselves into the soft ground, the grass prickling his bare feet, keeping him awake.

"Do you not want to leave?"

Snake like, sharp green eyes stared at him from the deep dark. Their green so bright that it almost shone in the obsidian distance.

"What is it to you?"

By now, Taimoor was no longer phased by the appearance of what he only assumed could be a serpent like creature, hissing as it spoke to him.

"I want my throne back, for which you must leave".

"You're a figment of my imagination so I suggest you leave me alone!"

"Tsk—I am anyone that I desire to be, you fool," the green eyes lowered, coming closer.

"Hmph—as you say".

"You know, you're hurting yourself the longer you stay. You're cutting off your strings from your own body, your life, do you want that?"

"There isn't much for me back there anyways!"

"Of course. Of course. The woman you were courting what was her name again?"

"Lilah, and she's nothing but a betrayer," Taimoor scoffed.

"Indeed. Indeed. Although, you'll never know the truth if you stay here. She'll end up marrying some Ghafoor and have his kids. Your parents will grow old and die, your brother he — he will move on too, his love for his wife will replace the memory of you. So perhaps you should stay, master". The serpent spoke sarcastically.