|02|

Dedicated to JaniceReads please understand me loves you <3

Alamgeer covered the length of the fuzzy pink carpet in his eight year old's room. A small smile on his face as he approached the sleeping women, his daughter cuddled into his wife. A sight for sore eyes. Lyana's hair rested on the pillowcase, a few strands stuck to her forehead whilst Lilah's were in a loose braid her face nuzzled into her mother's breast. Light spilled in small streaks from the slightly pulled apart curtains. Ice cream glasses, with the remnants of melted cream rested on Lilah's ottoman. He grinned imaging that the 'movie night' had gone well for the two whilst his time with their sons had been full of sweat - golf demanded that ofcourse.

Taking a seat on the soft white sheets, the memory foam sinking under his weight, Alamgeer brushed Lyana's hair aside. Dropping a kiss on her forehead his hand rubbing along her bare arm. The other one stroking Lilah's head, his motions soft and light so as not to wake them up. He stared at the two engrossed in his thoughts that he lost control of time, falling asleep with his head leaned against the velvet headboard.

A few hours later, Lyana stirred under the sheets. Her hand touching the source of warmth on her arm a smile grazing her lips as she observed Alamgeer snoring in an awkward position. Fixing the white purple duvet around Lilah's body, lowering the temperature of the A.C, she patted Alamgeer's cheek.

"Alam?" She waited for a response.

Hearing soft snoring still in return, his body still slumped, Lyana groaned.

"Alamgeer wake up. It's eight!" She urged.

Shaking him by the arm, Lyana sat for a few seconds. Kissing his cheek, trying to break him out of his slumber. As a last resort, Lyana pinched his bicep, a groan falling from his lips.

"What?" He moaned.

"It's eight, you have a meeting in an hour". She reminded.

Sighing Alamgeer opened one eye, whispering something incoherent.

"What?"

"It got cancelled," he yawned.

Lyana nodded, motioning for him to lay down properly.

"Sahi sai lait jain, gardan mein dard ho ga warna. Plus I need to go wake the twins up for school". [Lie down properly, or else you will have an ache in your neck.] Lyana brushed his hair aside.

Humming in reply, he kissed the back of Lyana's hand. Wrapping his arms around Lilah as Lyana slid out. The two stilling as Lilah whined, breathing once she rested her head on Alamgeer's arm. The couple smiled at each other, one falling asleep whilst the other left to wake up their fourteen year olds.

A while later, after failing to fall asleep, Alamgeer slid out of bed. His movements, waking Lilah up as she rubbed her soft hands against her face looking at him with a shocked look.

"When?" She tilted her head, forcing eye contact.

Gripping her face in his hands, he kissed her forehead.