|12|

• Lilah's Fit •

•Lilah•

Lilah straightened the edge of her loosely fitted shirt. The bronze color of which sat perfectly against her warm skin, not too odd nor too blended in. The sleeves that started a few inches below her shoulders drooped beyond the tips of her soft fingers and she frowned every now and then, sliding them upwards. One of the many downsides of having detached sleeves she realized. The cropped shirt had a straight cut neckline that rested a few inches below her collarbones, leaving her swan like neck on complete display. On the cream colored shirt, heavy bronze and silver sequin work followed that glimmered under the lights. The flowing skirt was made of the same cream shade and raw silk, with printed flowers on the edges. Blues mixed with tinges of grey and greens dripping in brown painted the blank canvas.

Her mother had helped her style her hair into a middle part, styling the mid length hair into soft waves that curved against her body. A thick metal choker with white and gold details rested on the base of her throat. Soft nude and brown tones chiseled out her features in the softest of ways. Her eyelashes were throughly curled and Lyana frowned upon realizing her mother had the art of making her eyelashes not clump together after applying mascara.

It was the middle of Autumn and her assistant, Nicole was getting married in a few hours. The invite had been emailed to her, but as if not trusting the internet enough, she had shown up at her doorstep a few days ago with a manilla envelope and a box of macarons — the way to her heart. Lilah had rejected the kind invite at first, alone amongst people she had never met was not her cup of tea not to mention there had been no prior mention of the event springing up and she had to organize her schedule that way. However, Nicole was Nicole, managing to get an RSVP from Lilah and here she was all dressed and ready to leave, without a chaperone. Oh the joys of adulting!

"Don't sulk Lilah, one of your brother's can join you if you want". Lyana patted her cheek.

"Is that an option?" She lightened up.

"It is, of course". Her mother nodded.

"Can Yaar come? Bhai has a flight and it would be nice if he could rest before that," she whispered, feeling her nerves ease up.

Her beloved bhai was flying back to Pakistan in the morning with their grandparents. As much as they would have liked to extend their stay, Filza's pregnancy would not allow that. Lilah had readily agreed, hiding the tears she had shed in her bedroom at the prospect of emptiness returning to her home. Everyone had a life, she was not the centre of it — she understood. No matter how much she depended on them, they had all ventured out and made their own lives and she needed to do the same, no matter how daunting the prospect was.