𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘦𝘯

♔ 𝘚𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘊𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘛𝘰𝘸𝘯 ♔

»»————- ♔ ————-««

"You guys had a real rough time out there!!" The four stood in front of Captain Yami as he laughed.

"Yessir!" Asta and Magna exclaimed, as Vanessa gave a small 'nice work' from behind them.

"Whatever...good job, Idiots," Yami eyes the four weirdly. The two boys had the brightest smiles, while the two girls stood together.

Stallia stood slightly behind her new royal friend, her hands on Noelle's shoulders. She tried to hide her smile from Yami's praise, as Noelle merely flattened her eyes, unimpressed.

"The magic investigation department is examining the criminals left behind, but they haven't gotten any information out of it. The pocket watch he left behind was valuable, considering that, and how they acted...they might be extremist or dissidents from the noble realm," Vanessa turned serious before her mood broke and she ogled the bird that hovered over Stallia.

"Well, it doesn't matter. In recognition of your actions, the wizard kind has awarded us a star!" Yami held up a shining star to his squad members.

"Woah, really?!" Magna awed.

"A star?" Stallia tilted her head and moved over to Asta. She stood on her tippy toes and pushed herself higher with Asta's shoulders, pushing him down in the process. He didn't mind as she got a closer look at the star. "Woaaah!"

"What's a star!?" The boy shouted.

"The nine magic knight groups compete to see how many stars they can collect. It's an honor thing. The Golden Dawn's at the top right now. They've got seventy," Vanessa smiled at the two.

"How many do we have?" Stallia questioned, as something carried the star over to the wall. The shadow of 30 other stars appeared.

"That makes for a nice, neat minus thirty! That puts us exactly 100 behind the golden dawn. Finally," Magna said casually.

Stallia and Asta's eyes dropped. That's a long ways to go.

"And here are your wages for the month," Yami handed the three bags of coins. Stallia took it gratefully in confusion.

'I didn't know we got paid.'

"It's barely anything," Noelle complained.

"WOAHHH, MONEYYY!" Asta shouted, as if he'd never seen a coin in his life.

"Are you nuts? With this mush, I could buy 2,000 nomotatoes!" Asta practically had stars in his eyes.

"Congratulations on your first payday!" Vanessa winked at the three, "This means you'll want to go shopping in the castle town, right? I'm free. I'll take you!"