4. Camp

A few days had passed since that awful encounter I had with Mila at Faith's place. It was midweek and after being exposed to an uncouth, ill-mannered, unsophisticated person like Mila, I appreciated how sweet, poised and polite Olivia was. We certainly had chemistry and I liked her so I decided not to allow past experiences to hold me back and gave Olivia a real chance.

Olivia had been heavily stressed with school and back-to-back tests so to give her a bit of a break, I took her to lunch. It was Tuesday and after a good lunch, I dropped Olivia back at school because she had a class.

"Easy," I instinctively flinched and warned when Olivia swung the car door open a little too harshly.

"Sorry," she sheepishly muttered and chewed on her lip.

Thankfully, she was a lot gentler when closed the door of my G Wagon. I walked around to her side and she circled her hand around mine. I glanced at her hand for a second and my first instinct was to pull away but I reminded myself that she was my girlfriend and intertwined our fingers.

Her light blue eyes brightened with a smile as we walked towards the building.

"Where's your next class?" I asked as we walked over the green lawn of the courtyard.

"I appreciate it but you don't have to walk me all the way to class," Olivia stopped walking and faced with me a small smile.

"Why?" I arched a teasing brow, took a step closer and she backed up against the wall. I placed one hand against the brick wall and Olivia stared up wide-eyed at me. "Are you embarrassed of me?"

"Embarrassed?" Olivia muttered and by the way her skin flushed pink and her breathing picked up, I could tell she was flustered. "Have you looked at yourself in the mirror lately?"

I didn't know why but sometimes Olivia was a little too superficial for my liking, not a day went by where she didn't bring up my physical appearance or the kind of family I came from. I understood it came with being me but there was a lot more to a person than what they looked like and their family name - I wished Olivia understood that.

I ignored her words and lowered my gaze, "There are better things to look at."

Olivia blushed at my words and I found the pink in her cheeks and spark in her eyes cute. I chuckled softly under my breath and inched closer to brush my lips against hers. Her sticky lipgloss coated my lips when I pulled away. The gloss tasted like what I'd assume overly sweet synthetic strawberries tasted like and despite loving anything sweet, the taste was unappetizing.

"Shouldn't have applied the gloss, eh?" Olivia muttered sheepishly when she noticed the face I pulled.

Olivia tried so hard not to disappoint me and I didn't like that, I wished she would've just been herself and not... fear me. She had no reason to act the way she did with me, Olivia was possibly one of the nicest girls I'd ever dated, I couldn't even get mad at her because of how sweet she was.

"I don't know..." I mused and puckered my lips to tease her. "Don't you think they make my lips look fuller?"

Olivia softly laughed and I smiled as I gazed at her, she had a beautiful, wide smile that showed off her perfect set of teeth. With one hand in my pocket, I took a step closer, Olivia's laughter died down, she inhaled sharply and rolled her bottom lip into her mouth.

"They do look... tempting," she muttered as she twirled a strand of her long blonde hair between her slender fingers and glanced at my lips.

I took that as an invite and leaned in to kiss her but before I was able to get closer, Olivia pursed her lips and placed a hand on my chest. I glanced down at her small hand over my chest then back up at her with a raised brow.