Scars [1]

Author's note: The intro in this chapter is mostly to explain their history togetherー how they met and the events that happened in the past. This was the only way for me to get most information out without actually writing a full on chapter about it, and still match their timeline with the other pairing.

It will be quite long so, please bear with me sdfghjkl (^^")

» ☕ «

"Ahー sorry we're not open yet-", Hongjoong quickly says in sheer panic the moment he heard the bell on top of the front door rings, causing the side of his torso to hit the edge of the counter.

He later realizes, it's just one of his employees.

"Seonghwa? Why did you use the front door? The back entrance is already opened", Hongjoong asks while trying to mask the pain.

"I didn't feel like it. Plus, seeing that panic moment from you was pretty funny," Seonghwa stifled a laugh as he stood at the opposite side of the counter.

The shorter one rolls his eyes at the comment.

"This is your fault by the way", he gesture to the side of his torso where the lingering pain is. He rubs it slightly to dull it down.

Seonghwa just mouths an apology before grabbing the broom beside the counter.

As Hongjoong waits for the thumping to die down a bit, he look at the wall clock above the front door.

"You're here early," he turns back to Seonghwa, who had started to sweep around the café.

"I was bored at home so, might as well come early and help you," he answers which honestly sounds like a joke to Hongjoong.

"I don't believe you," he jokingly answers back before wiping the workstation.

Seonghwa stops sweeping for a moment, before glancing at the other.

"I mean...it's unfair for you to clean this whole place all on your own," Hongjoong huffed a laugh, before looking at him over his shoulder.

"Well, I am the owner so, it isn't that odd," he answers.

"That doesn't mean you have to do this all alone," Seonghwa argues back.

"It's really fine, Seonghwa. I've been doing this longer than you think," Hongjoong continue their conversation as he went to the cashier area, wiping the counter there.

Hongjoong wasn't exaggerating.

In the beginning, when he just opened the cafe, he's always alone preparing the place in the morning, or after closing hours. Though he has one or two employees only at that time, they would come late or go back earlier. They have their reasons, and Hongjoong didn't want to pry into their life.

It was always like that. He's used to it.

However, that has changed the past month because ofー