Defeat [3]

» 🏀 «

The library is as quiet as ever. No surprise, of course, it should be that way. It's a library after all.

Wooyoung and his groupmates are sitting at a single table at the center between the shelves.

Han had suggested that they go use their free period to do some research for their project.

It doesn't seem like a bad idea, so they all agreed to meet up.

About an hour later, while the others were jolting down information they found from reference books, Jongho noticed that Wooyoung's hand has stopped moving minutes ago.

Although his eyes were fixed on a spot in the book, he could tell Wooyoung's mind is somewhere else.

"Hyung?"

It took a nudge on the shoulder to bring Wooyoung back as he blinks a few times, looking at Jongho seconds later.

He wondered why his friend was giving him a raised eyebrow.

"Are you ok? It seems like you were zoning out," he asks quietly, not wanting to disturb the other students around them.

"I was?"

Jongho replied with a simple nod.

Wooyoung didn't realize he was doing so. It's just that as he was typing some sentences on his laptop, his mind suddenly reminded him of something.

That something being him and San meeting again but in a basketball court this time.

He was anxious about it because that means he has to show San his skills. Although Wooyoung had deemed himself a good player, the confidence was fading away because the thought of San watching him is terrifying.

What if he miss a step that caused him to fall? What if the moment he toss the ball into the hoop, it instead hit the rim, which will then make the basketball fly off and hit him in the headー

ー or worse, San

He doesn't want to embarrass himself in front of the guy. The captain of a basketball team. A FREAKING CAPTAIN

"Wooyoung!"

He snapped out of his thoughts again when he felt a kick on his leg under the table.

"W-whatー" Wooyoung looked at Jongho in panic.

"You zoned out again," the younger sighed slightly.

"I did?" Again, Wooyoung didn't realize.

"What's going on with you? You've been out of it this whole week," Changbin chimes in. His words surprised Wooyoung.

Have I really been worrying about the next meet-up that much?

It had almost become a normal thing now where he would zone out or be in his mind whenever it's about San. He wasn't sure why he's giving it so much thought.

"It's nothing serious. Just thinking about random things as usual," Wooyoung simply answered with a grin. Though it didn't seem to fool his groupmates, especially Jongho.