Aziraphale Gets His Royal Invitation, and Crowley Gets an Angel on His Shoulder

The next day, Aziraphale wastes no time wandering the streets of Amsterdam, making sure to commit every single sight to memory. Very rarely does he get a chance to truly experience the world like the humans do, and he’s not wasting a second.

And what’s the human experience without more chocolate? The angel thinks to himself, as he inevitably finds his way back outside Chocolatier Anthony and J, then after a moment, goes inside.

Immediately, Aziraphale walks up and down the display cases, looking at all the chocolate treats nestled behind the glass, from milk, to dark, to white, even to ruby chocolate.

Somewhere, he hears someone call out, “Just a moment.”, and he only gives back a faint, “Alright.”, in reply, before turning back to look at the sweets.

A back door opens, and there’s the demon again, still in his apron and sunglasses, and as they both turn to look at each other, Anthony goes first, “Hello there.”

Aziraphale, feeling much more nervous than he had when he first walked in, offers a small wave, coupled with a, “Goedemorgen.”, before wincing, “Oh please tell me that actually means good morning.”

Anthony laughs, “It does.”, then tries to joke, “Or does it?”

Aziraphale makes a slight whimpering noise of distress, which only serves to make the demon laugh harder, then finally let him off the hook by telling him,

“It’s just me here today. Shadwell, Tracy’s boyfriend, called to tell me she’d be a little late.”

At that, Aziraphale’s eyes go wide, “Oh, so you’re not…? She’s not…?”

The demon snorts, then says, “Oh Somebody help me. No, she’s too good for an abomination like me. She’s just my assistant.”

Aziraphale nods, blushing, “Right, right, of course. I should’ve known.”

Anthony steps forward, all business, “So, since I apparently didn’t scare you off, can I take that to mean you're here for more chocolate?”

Glad for the distraction, Aziraphale’s smile returns as he tells the demon honestly, “More of all of it, if that’s possible.”

Anthony lifts an eyebrow, “Is that right?”

The angel nods, “I can honestly say that yesterday’s chocolates were some of the best I’ve ever had. And I’ve been tasting chocolate practically since it was invented!”

Before Anthony can reply, Aziraphale’s already turning to point at some chocolates on a tray, “And I just have to know what these are. The glazed ones.”

The demon crosses his arms, intrigued by the angel’s apparently good eyes as he comes next to him, “That’s another original recipe

The demon crosses his arms, intrigued by the angel’s apparently good eyes as he comes next to him, “That’s another original recipe.”, then grabs the tongs to lift one off the tray and hand it to Aziraphale.